The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 is a compact camera centred on its 20MP 1" CMOS sensor. It can be seen as an alternative to a DSLR camera due to its smaller size and still contains many of its features. This model sports a 1.2 million dot 3.0" LCD (VGA resolution to improve battery life) screen and 1080p60 video capturing capability. When looking to purchase a camera of this sort eBay offers a great variety.
Buying Considerations of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100
As this is a compact camera and not an SLR it means there are several considerations that must be addressed before purchasing. The cost of the device is a main factor and utilizing the tools available on websites such as eBay can help you narrow down the results. Some of the cameras will be new and some will be used, this can be factored in to the decision making process. Moreover the lens type, number of pixels, image size, frame coverage and additional features can be researched online.
- 1"-type Exmor CMOS sensor (13.2 x 8.8mm, 3:2 aspect ratio)
- 20.2 million effective pixels
- 28-100mm (equiv), f/1.8-4.9 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- Steady-Shot image stabilization
- ISO 125-6400 (ISO 80 and 100 expansion, up to 25,600 using multi-frame noise-reduction)
- Face Recognition and Face Registration (up to 8 faces)
- Rear control dial and customizable front control ring
- 10fps continuous shooting in 'Speed Priority' mode
- 3" 1.2M-dot 'WhiteMagic' LCD screen
- 13 Picture Effects (27 with variations)
- Memory Recall feature can store up to three groups of custom settings
- 1080p60 video, (AVCHD) with MP4 option (50p in PAL regions)
- Built-in stereo microphones
- 330-shot battery life (CIPA)
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 contains 20.2 million effective pixels and its 1" sensor is designed to create high quality shots. This high-grade fixed-lens camera is intended to offer users an alternative to the larger DSLR cameras without reducing image quality and functionality. Its design is centred on the non compromise of image-quality. The cameras facial recognition technology and continuous shooting mode enables the user to capture, using the CMOS sensor, images of a similar quality to a DSLR model.
This camera is fitted with a bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens that has been designed with a wide aperture to ensure the maximum amount of light is absorbed. Moreover this lens helps create numerous effects including a sharp focus against a smoothly blurred background. The 3.6x optical zoom is such for intimacy and favours a more detailed shot; there is the option of a clear image zoom that pushes it up to 7.2x without sacrificing on the pixel count. This lens features a multi-layered T coating that targets ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
Detailed Lens Specification
- Lens Type : Carl Zeiss, Vario-Sonnar T*
- Aperture : F1.8-4.9
- Optical Zoom : 3.6x
- Digital Zoom : 20M approx. 14x / 10M approx. 20x / 5M approx. 28x / VGA approx. 54x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Still16:9 29-105mm / Still 4:3 30-108mm / Still 3:2 28-100mm / Still 1:1 36-127mm / Movie 16:9 29-105mm (Std), 33-120mm (Active) / Movie 4:3 36-128 mm (Std), 41-146mm (Active)
- Lens Construction : 7 elements in 6 groups ( including AA lens)
- Aperture Blade : Iris diaphragm (7 blades)
- Clear Image Zoom : 7.2x
- Focal Distance : AF approx. 5cm to infinity (W), approx. 55cm to infinity (T)
Editing and Video Capability
This camera enables high quality Full HD video clips; the user can adjust focus and exposure while you're shooting in order to present a polished end result. The RX100 gives the user an opportunity to edit their pictures and video through PlayMemories Studio for PC. The consumer can add sound effects and edit the videos into a custom made home movie.
How to Buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 on eBay
eBay is a great platform from which a camera search can be made. There are a wide variety of cameras – compact and SLR – in differing conditions and at different prices. To begin, type in the search bar the keywords " Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100" and a results page will be generated. The eBay category system allows the user to sort and filter results according to various criteria that can help narrow down the selection. Searching for top sellers and high rated buyers can also be beneficial to the process of selection. eBay provides an abundance of cameras and can offer the consumer a purchasing solution.
Selecting the right camera is a process that requires research. Price, lens type, pixel quality, image quality and the way it looks are just a few examples of questions that need to be answered. This guide has provided information about the Sony DSC-RX100 specifically but there are many other cameras out there. eBay is a great place to begin your research and can help you make an informed decision.