16 x 2 LCD Shield for Arduino
Add a 16 character by 2 line LCD display to your Arduino project. It plugs straight into the Arduino board or other project shields and features 5 buttons and a controllable blue backlight. The display can be panel mounted if required, and it works perfectly in 4-bit mode with the "LiquidCrystal" library included with the Arduino IDE, allowing you to control the LCD with a total of just 6 digital I/O lines. The buttons provide left, right, up, down, and select while using just one analog input, which leaves the other analogue inputs free for you to use in your projects.
• 16x2 LCD using HD44780-compatible display module (white characters on blue background).
• 5 buttons on one analogue input (A0).
• LCD backlight with current limiting, brightness and on/off controllable by D3, can be moved to D2, D10, A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5 for easy project pin compatibility
• Recessed LCD, panel mount screw holes and button layout suitable for panel or cabinet mounting if desired
• Reset button
• Power supply smoothing capacitor
• Gold-plated PCB for maximum durability
• Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom
• Pins used by shield clearly marked, LiquidCrystal library setup reference is on the bottom of the PCB for convenience