Details about 1972 VH VALIANT 4BBL PACER SEDAN REPLICA SEDAN PERIOD MOPAR NOT CHARGER OR PACERSee original listing
“GREAT CONDITION WITH MANY NEW PARTS (3-Speed Floor Shift, 4BBL Carburettor, Mags, Fat Tyres, ”... Read more
18 Jul, 2014 19:42:07 AEST
[ 21 bids ]
LARA, GEELONG VIC, Australia
An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“GREAT CONDITION WITH MANY NEW PARTS (3-Speed Floor Shift, 4BBL Carburettor, Mags, Fat Tyres, Mopar-Style Go-Fast Stripes, Extractors, Tacho etc)Period "Peanut" 7" Mag WheelsOriginal Hemi 245 & 3-Speed Manual CarTombstone Front Bench SeatBrand New Old-Stock Speco Thomas 3-Speed Floor Shift500CFM Four Barrel (4 BBL) Carb & ManifoldTri-Y Extractors”|
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||
Get the Vehicle History Report
|For Sale by:||
SPRING GOLD METALLIC
|Engine Size (litre):||
|Type of Title:||
Clear (most titles)
4 BARREL CARBURETTOR, 3-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT, Alloy Wheels, AM, FM Stereo, FAT TYRES, EXTRACTORS, TACHO, 6 SPEAKER STEREO
|Right, Left Hand Drive:||
1972 VH 4BBL PACER REPLICA
Nostalgia Valiant Sedan
" Yes, I know there wasn't a VH Valiant 4BBL, only 2BBL"
" Yes, I know there wasn't a VH Valiant 4BBL, only 2BBL"
Period Replica Pacer Type Modifications
(3-Speed Floor Shift, 4BBL Carb, Mags, Fat Tyres, Mopar-Style
Go-Fast Stripes, Extractors, Tacho etc)
Period "Peanut" 7" Mag Wheels
Original Hemi 245 & 3-Speed Manual Car
Tombstone Front Bench Seat
Brand New Old-Stock Speco
Thomas 3-Speed Floor Shift
500CFM Four Barrel (4 BBL) Carb & Manifold
Original Spring Gold Metallic Paint Colour
"INSPECTION IS A MUST PLEASE CONTACT"
This car was built to be a replica of the cars I had in the late 70's & 80's, when they were built on a tight budget and with what was available to us back then. No modern billet parts. With the exception of the modern digital radio, everything is in the spirit of the cars I had.
This car is NOT sold as a show car or trailer queen. It has NOT been restored! It's just a good reasonably clean car that can be used as an everyday driver that has been modified, thoroughly checked, cleaned and serviced and has had most serviceable parts replaced by new parts and/or fully reconditioned.
For that period-detail the car has just been fitted with:
· Edelbrock 1404 500 CFM Carburettor with Aeroflow 5/16" Fuel Line Barb and Aeroflow NPT silver Alloy Plug and with a fresh ED 1472 Gasket Kit fitted and topped with Brand new Edelbrock ProFlow 14" x 3" Air Cleaner with new PP&R Replica "245 Four Barrel" Decal. A new PP&R 4BBL Cable Bracket Set with a PP&R Throttle Connector kit, and a new manual Choke Cable Assembly fitted. A new Fuel Filter was also fitted in the original position with new 5/16 Fuel Hose and Fittings
· A new set of Painted Tri-Y Extractors (Headers) have been fitted, along with a premium PPR "Sureseal" Graphite Manifold Gasket, that was port matched to suit, and a cleaned and tested Redline 'Short Runner' 4BBL Inlet Manifold painted in Hemi Orange and a new Carburettor Mount Stud Kit. A new 2 1/4 Exhaust was fabricated with a turbo style Muffler fitted and CHROME EXHAUST TIP.
· The engine has been fitted with a new Bosch GT-40R Ignition Coil, along with a new set of Bosch Ignition Points and Condenser (No electronic ignition back then). A new Noise Suppressor was also fitted to the Coil. New Premium Bosch Black Spark Plug Leads and a set of PP&R 'Made in the USA' Spitfire Spark Plugs have been fitted. The Distributor was removed, cleaned and checked. A new 'O' Ring Seal was fitted. Vacuum and mechanical advance work perfectly with timing and dwell set to factory specs. The engine has been tuned, compression is good and runs/idles very well
· A new PCV Valve, Rubber, PCV Vacuum Pipe and Fittings, new Vacuum Distributer Hoses and Fittings were also fitted
· The Rocker Cover and Oil Cap was stripped and cleaned and repainted in Yellow Engine Enamel to Replicate the VH Pacer look and a new Rocker Cover Gasket was fitted. The engine dress-up included a PPR Call-Out Stripe Package for the breather cap and a new "Made Solely In Australia" Valve Cover Name Plate for the rocker cover
· The cooling system has been flushed thoroughly and has had new Welch Plugs, a Reconditioned Radiator, all-new hoses fitted to the engine, including new Heater Hoses, new Top and Bottom Radiator Hoses, new Radiator Cap, and all new Hose Clamps. Also, a new Thermostat, Thermostat Housing and Gasket were fitted, and a new, premium Fan Belt was fitted. The car was fitted with an original Chrysler Option Heavy Duty Cooling kit, consisting of 6-Bladed fan and Coolant Recovery System. The engine sat on a steady 1/3 on a recent trip to Melbourne.
· The engine is in great running condition with about 95,000 miles on the odometer. The engine oil was flushed and the engine re-filled with Penrite 20W60 premium Engine Oil for older cars and a new Z9 Ryco Oil Filter fitted
· The Starter Motor was removed, checked and the end-bush greased. It works well
GEARBOX & SHIFTER
· The car has been fitted with a 'brand new old-stock' Speco Thomas 3-Speed Floor Shifter, as was common and popular at the time. The kit was especially put together by Speco this year, on request from me, from their few remaining parts. This has been topped with a replica Pacer 3-speed Gear Knob from Hemi Performance. (This shifter is far superior to the original Valiant 3-speed floor change system and is far more robust). The original "3-on-the-tree" shifter column and "honey pot" remains in the car. The column was removed, cleaned and lubricated and works fine but the column-to-gearbox linkages have been removed (they are available to the purchaser).
· The Gearbox was in perfect working order and has been flushed and re-filled with the correct Penrite Gearbox Oil. The filler and inspection plugs have been cleaned, checked (the lower plug is magnetic) and prepped with Thread Tape. The gear linkages had all new Clips, Bushes and Washers fitted when the Speco Shifter was fitted and the shift works fine
FRONT BRAKES & SUSPENSION
· The Front Brakes have been fully reconditioned with the Front Callipers fitted with complete Rebuild Kits, including new Stainless Steel Pins, new Pistons, Rubbers (Piston & Dust Cover), Bushes, Anti-Rattle Clips, Copper Washers, Rubber Brake Hoses and Brake Pads and of course new Brake Fluid. Power Brakes in South Australia supplied a Change-Over Reconditioned Tandem Master Cylinder Assembly, fitted a Stainless Steel Sleeve and Bead Blasted and Painted, and a PP&R Master Cylinder-To-Firewall Gasket was fitted. All the brake pedal bushes were checked and lubricated
· The Front Suspension has been fitted with a new Full Upper Control Arm Bush Kit and Ball Joints, and an Upper Control Arm Bump-Set. Several Steering Joints and Tie Rods were also replaced. A brand new set of Gabriel Gas Shock Absorbers have been fitted, along with new Rubbers and Washers. New front Wheel Bearings and Seals were fitted with premium Penrite Wheel Bearing Grease and new Split Pins. The Steering Box is good and steers great. A small amount of lash adjustment was made. The car has just had a 4-wheel digital alignment done (July 4, 2014)
REAR SUSPENSION & BRAKES
· The rear suspension and brakes have been cleaned, checked and fitted with a brand new set of Shackle Bushes, brand new Brake Drums, new Brake Shoes Kit, brand new Wheel Cylinders, new rubber Brake Hoses, a new Diff Plate Gasket with new Diff Plug Gasket and filled with Penrite premium 75w85 diff oil, all suspended with brand new Gabriel Gas Shock Absorbers. A new Reproduction Diff Identification Decal was also fitted. Steel Brake Lines and Fittings (brass Y-junction and breather) were cleaned and checked
· A set of period-correct Mag Wheels have been fitted. They are early Sampson 14" x 7" Alloys that have been checked and tested, sand-blasted and polished (not perfect but appropriate patina). Brand new, PP&R Reproduction Wheel Cap Centres with the early Chrysler Logo have been fitted, along with a brand new set of Triple-Chromed Wheel Nuts and Washers. The Wheels have been fitted with a new set of 215-65R14 Silverstone Tyres
· A new Driver's Side Exterior Mirror has been fitted that is similar to the original. No mirror had been fitted to the passenger side and that remains.
· The windscreen washer bottle was fitted with a new Washer Motor, new 'T' pieces and new Hoses to the squirters. The wiper motor was disassembled, cleaned and serviced and operates normally
· A new Reproduction Spare Wheel Hold-Down has been fitted for the spare tyre
· The car has an older 2-Pak paintwork. While not perfect, the car presents as clean and shiny. There are no dents in the bodywork and the body looks straight. There appears to be no rust in the car. The car has been extensively Fish-Oiled and Tar Sprayed in the wheel arches, doors and body cavities.
· New Light Globes have been fitted all-round the car, including indicator, tail light, number light and interior lights and a new-reproduction Interior Light Lens has been fitted. All lights work.
· A new PP&R reproduction Steel Battery Tray has been fitted, along with a PP&R reproduction Battery Hold-Down "J" Bolt kit
· A new set of PP&R Reproduction Door Bumper Rubbers have been fitted
· A new period correct Locking Petrol Cap from PP&R was fitted
· A lot of the original decals still exist under the bonnet (tyre pressures, etc)
· The car has been fitted with a Reconditioned Ignition Switch from PP&R (this was very expensive to repair and can sell for more than $500+ for NOS), along with two sets of keys with with one set a brand new set of reproduction Chrysler Ignition Keys (x2) and Boot Lid Key (1). All door locks are original and work
· A brand new, period correct Coil Sprung Base, Booster-Type Car Antenna has been fitted, which is attached to a brand New Sony 200w Car Stereo with Infrared remote, USB Port and Aux Jack. A brand new 6-Speaker Premium JBL Speaker System has been fitted
· FRONT SPEAKERS: A Split-System 90w RMS 2 OHMS RMS P660 's in the front (Tweeters in the door and the mains under the dash)
· REAR SPEAKERS: 75w RMS 2 OHMS P662 coaxial speakers on the reupholstered rear parcel shelf
· The steering column has a brand new Turn Signal/Indicator Cancel Switch fitted as they often fail. The steering column was disassembled, cleaned, checked and fitted with new Base Gasket. A brand new Steering Boss Adapter has been fitted so that the new period appropriate, street legal SAAS 350mm PVC Sports Steering Wheel has been fitted
· The Sun Visors are in good condition and have had a new PP&R Reproduction Sunvisor Tip Set fitted
· A new pair of PP&R Reproduction Kick Panels have been fitted and have been upholstered in Roebuck Black Vinyl
· The interior of the car has had a new Hand Brake Cover Fitted. A new Reproduction Floor Dip Switch Cover has been fitted. The dash has been temporarily completely covered in Roebuck Black Vinyl to cover a crack but is quite presentable. The car has had New Carpets fitted sometime recently before I purchased the car and present very well with little sign of wear. The Glove Box is in good condition and the ashtray is in very good condition as well with the cigarette lighter working (supplies power to my iphone no-problems)
· The front seat is in good condition but showing wear on the driver's side with a small separation in the vinyl. The rear Bench Seat is in very good condition but has very small holes in the lower part of the base
· The Runners for the Front Bench Seat were disassembled, cleaned, check and lubricated. The seat moves forward and back easily. The Bench Seat is of the Fixed-Back type
· The Hand Brake works fine. It was disassembled and lubricated at the handpiece and the cable through the floor. The handbrake cables at the diff were cleaned, adjusted and checked and a new cover fitted
· A new PP&R Headlight Switch has been fitted, solving the common problem of the instrument dimmer switch coils failing. All the instruments and lights work
· A brand new period-copy Tachometer has been fitted to the column 'honey pot' as was the custom back in the day
· The Scuff-plates are in good condition and have been cleaned and polished
· The Hood Lining is in fair-to-good condition, with several small holes and a small amount of staining but generally presents clean and presentable
· Two new Complianced Non-Retractable Seatbelts have been fitted for the driver and passenger purchased new from Hemi Performance. The centre/front seatbelt and the rear seatbelts are the originals
Inspection is freely available and I'll try my best to accommodate those wanting to check it out. Interstate buyers welcome and I'll help where I can if the vehicle needs to be picked up by transporter.
The car is located in Lara, Victoria, between Melbourne and Geelong.
The car is being offered "AS IS", with no roadworthy certificates, no permits or warranties expressed or implied. The description and pictures wholly describe the car as best I can. Serious bidders should inspect the car in person BEFORE BIDDING!
NO PAYPAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! CONTACT ME FIRST TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS
CASH ON PICK-UP ONLY
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN (1) ONE WEEK AFTER END OF AUCTION
On 11-Jul-14 at 20:12:09 AEST, seller added the following information:
SOME OF THE TEXT IN THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION HAS FALLEN OFF THE PAGE!! BE SURE TO SCROLL SIDE-TO-SIDE TO READ THE FULL CONTENT OF THE DESCRIPTION
On 12-Jul-14 at 14:21:17 AEST, seller added the following information:
The vehicle is NOT REGISTERED and is being sold "AS IS", unregistered and NO ROADWORTHY is supplied.
The vehicle has had extensive mechanical servicing and repairs to all parts of the car which would make the car registrable.
However, any roadworthy certificates are the responsibility of the buyer as the vehicle has NOT had a roadworthy examination
and therefore the onus is on the buyer for the presentation at a official roadworthy examination.
On 14-Jul-14 at 18:10:46 AEST, seller added the following information:
Also add to the list is a new black replica vinyl boot mat with underlay supplied by All Car Carpets
(cost $209), which should be fitted to the car this week
before the end of the auction.
Hi, I have my project I'm selling under 65 Plymouth Valiant on ebay,would you be interested in doing a deal?
A: Wow! What a fantastic car you've built! Unfortunately I'm selling my car due to illness. It's unlikely I'll be undertaking any more projects in the future. I'm sad to be selling the car but I've been... Continue reading
|16 Jul, 2014|
No worries mate I will keep on looking for others thanks anyway
A: No problem, thanks
|14 Jul, 2014|
Ok oarsome car I love it!give me your best cash price to buy this classic cheers Strex
A: Hi Strex, yeah, it's a great car and I've just spent the last hour tonight (Monday) showing somebody the in-and-outs of it and they asked the same thing - what's my best price? But the car is at auction and... Continue reading
|14 Jul, 2014|
Hi mate I'm Steven
What y chasing for the VH
A: This is the car's first listing and I have put it to auction to see what people think it's I do believe that it's worth and I'm comparing it to the going price of a very good rust free, un-restored HK/HG/HG... Continue reading
|13 Jul, 2014|
Hi, am I able to come see the car this weekend?
A: Yes, the car will be available for viewing this Saturday July 12 after midday. Cheers.
|12 Jul, 2014|