1972 VH HEMI 245 4BBL PACER "LIKE" REPLICA
" Yes, I know there wasn't a VH Valiant 4BBL, only 2BBL"
Period Replica Pacer "Type" Modifications
3-Speed Floor Shift - 4BBL Carb - Mags - Fat Tyres
Mopar-Style Go-Fast Stripes - Extractors - Tacho - etc
Period "Peanut" 7" Mag Wheels
Original Hemi 245 & 3-Speed Manual Car
Tombstone Front Bench Seat
Brand New Old-Stock Speco Thomas 3-Speed Floor Shift
500CFM Four Barrel (4 BBL) Carb & Manifold
Original Spring Gold Metallic Paint Colour
"INSPECTION IS A MUST PLEASE CONTACT"
as an everyday driver that
has been modified, thoroughly checked, cleaned and serviced
car has NOT been restored. It's a good reasonably clean car that can be used
and has had most serviceable
parts replaced by new parts and/or fully reconditioned.
- Edelbrock 1404
500 CFM Carburettor with Aeroflow
5/16" Fuel Line Barb and Aeroflow
NPT silver Alloy Plug
- New Carburettor ED
1472 Gasket Kit
- New Edelbrock ProFlow 14" x 3" Air Cleaner with new PP&R Replica "245 Four Barrel" Decal.
- New PP&R 4BBL Cable Bracket Set with
a PP&R Throttle Connector kit,
and a new manual Choke Cable Assembly
- New Fuel Filter with new 5/16
Fuel Hose and Fittings
- New set of Painted Tri-Y Extractors (Headers) and PPR "Sureseal" Graphite Manifold
- Redline 'Short Runner' 4BBL Inlet Manifold
painted in Hemi Orange
- New Carburettor
Mount Stud Kit.
- New 2 1/4 Exhaust was fabricated with a turbo style
Muffler fitted and CHROME EXHAUST TIP.
- New Bosch GT-40R Ignition Coil
- New set of Bosch Ignition Points
- New Noise
Suppressor was also fitted to the Coil.
- New Premium Bosch Black Spark Plug Leads
- New 'Made in the
USA' Spitfire Spark Plugs have been
- The Distributor was removed, cleaned and checked. A new 'O' Ring Seal was fitted.
mechanical advance work perfectly with timing and dwell set to factory specs.
- The engine has been tuned, compression is good and runs/idles very well
- New PCV Valve, Rubber, PCV
Vacuum Pipe and Fittings, new Vacuum Distributer Hoses and Fittings
- The Rocker Cover and Oil Cap was stripped and
cleaned and repainted in Yellow Engine
Enamel to Replicate the VH Pacer look
- New Rocker Cover Gasket was fitted.
- NEW PPR Call-Out Stripe Package for the
- New "Made Solely
In Australia" Valve Cover Name Plate for the rocker cover
- The cooling system has been flushed thoroughly
and has had New Welch Plugs
- New Reconditioned Radiator
- New Heater
Hoses, new Top and Bottom Radiator
- New Radiator Cap, and all
new Hose Clamps.
- New Thermostat, Thermostat Housing and Gasket
- New premium Fan Belt
- The car is fitted with an original Chrysler Option Heavy Duty
consisting of 6-Bladed fan and Coolant Recovery System.
- The engine is in great running condition with
about 95,000 miles on the odometer.
- The engine oil was flushed and the engine
re-filled with Penrite 20W60 premium
Engine Oil for older cars
- New Z9
Ryco Oil Filter fitted
- The Starter Motor was removed, checked and the
end-bush greased. It works well
GEARBOX & SHIFTER
old-stock' Speco Thomas 3-Speed
- New replica Pacer 3-speed Gear Knob from Hemi Performance
- The original "3-on-the-tree" shifter column and
"honey pot" remains in the car.
- The column was removed, cleaned and
lubricated and works fine but the column-to-gearbox
linkages have been removed (they are available to the purchaser)
- The Gearbox was in perfect working order and
has been flushed and re-filled with the correct Penrite Gearbox Oil.
- The filler and inspection plugs have been
cleaned, checked (the lower plug is magnetic) and prepped with Thread Tape.
- The gear linkages had all
New Clips, Bushes and Washers fitted
when the Speco Shifter was fitted and the shift works fine
FRONT BRAKES & SUSPENSION
- Front Brakes fully reconditioned
with the Front Callipers fitted with complete Rebuild Kits, including new Stainless
- New Pistons, Rubbers (Piston & Dust Cover), Bushes, Anti-Rattle Clips, Copper
- New Rubber Brake Hoses and Brake Pads and of course new Brake Fluid
- New Change-Over
Reconditioned Tandem Master Cylinder Assembly
- New PP&R Master Cylinder-To-Firewall Gasket was fitted.
- All the brake pedal
bushes were checked and lubricated
Full Upper Control Arm Bush Kit and Ball Joints
- New Upper Control Arm Bump-Set. Several Steering Joints and Tie Rods were also replaced.
- New set of Gabriel Gas Shock Absorbers with new Rubbers
- New front Wheel Bearings and Seals
were fitted with premium Penrite Wheel
Bearing Grease and new Split Pins.
Steering Box is good and steers great
- The car has just had a 4-wheel digital alignment done (July 4, 2014)
REAR SUSPENSION & BRAKES
- New set of Shackle Bushes
- New Brake
- New Brake Shoes Kit
- New Wheel Cylinders
rubber Brake Hoses
- New Diff Plate Gasket
- New Diff Plug Gasket and filled with Penrite premium 75w85 Diff Oil
- New Gabriel Gas
- New Reproduction
Diff Identification Decal
Steel Brake Lines and
Fittings (brass Y-junction and breather) were cleaned and checked
- A set of period-correct Mag Wheels have been fitted. They are early Sampson 14" x
7" Alloys that have been
checked and tested, sand-blasted and polished
(not perfect but appropriate patina).
- New PP&R Reproduction Wheel Cap Centres with the early
Chrysler Logo have been fitted,
- New set of
Triple-Chromed Wheel Nuts and Washers.
- New set of 215-65R14 Tyres
Side Exterior Mirror has been fitted that is similar to the original
- New Washer Motor, new 'T' pieces and
new Hoses to the squirters.
- The wiper motor was disassembled, cleaned and serviced and operates normally
New Reproduction Spare Wheel Hold-Down has been fitted for the spare tyre
- The car has an older 2-Pak paintwork. While not
perfect, the car presents as clean and shiny
- There are no dents in the
bodywork and the body looks straight.
- There appears to be no rust in the car except for a small bubble in the driver's door
- The car has been extensively Fish-Oiled
and Tar Sprayed in the wheel arches,
doors and body cavities.
Light Globes have been fitted all-round the car, including indicator, tail
light, number light and interior lights
- New reproduction Interior Light Lens has been fitted. All lights work.
New PP&R reproduction Steel Battery Tray
- New PP&R reproduction Battery
Hold-Down "J" Bolt kit
- New set of PP&R Reproduction Door Bumper Rubbers
New period correct Locking Petrol Cap from PP&R
- A lot of the original decals still exist under
the bonnet (tyre pressures, etc)
- New black replica vinyl boot mat with underlay
- New Reconditioned Ignition Switch from PP&R (this was very expensive to repair and can sell for more than $500+ for NOS)
- New two sets of keys with with one set a brand new set of reproduction
Chrysler Ignition Keys (x2) and Boot Lid Key (1)
- All door locks are
original and work
- New period correct Coil Sprung Base Booster-Type Car Antenna
- New Sony
200w Car Stereo with Infrared remote, USB Port and Aux Jack
- New 6-Speaker Premium JBL Speaker System
- New Turn Signal/Indicator Cancel Switch
- The steering column was disassembled, cleaned,
checked and fitted with new Base Gasket
- New Steering Boss Adapter has been fitted
- New SAAS 350mm PVC Sports Steering Wheel has been fitted
- New PP&R Reproduction Sunvisor
Tip Set fitted
New pair of PP&R Reproduction Kick Panels have been fitted and have
been upholstered in Roebuck Black Vinyl
- New Hand Brake Cover Fitted
Reproduction Floor Dip Switch Cover
has been fitted.
- The dash has been temporarily completely covered in Roebuck Black
Vinyl to cover a crack but is quite presentable.
- New Carpets fitted sometime recently
before I purchased the car and present very well with little sign of wear
Glove Box is in good condition and the ashtray is in very good condition
well with the cigarette lighter working (supplies power to my iphone no-problems)
- The front seat is in good condition but showing
wear on the driver's side with a small separation in the vinyl
- The rear Bench
Seat is in very good condition but has very small holes in the lower part of
- The Runners for the Front Bench Seat were
disassembled, cleaned, check and lubricated
- The seat moves forward and back
- The Bench Seat is of the Fixed-Back type
- The Hand Brake works fine. It was
disassembled and lubricated at the handpiece and the cable through the floor
- The handbrake cables at the diff were cleaned, adjusted and checked and a new cover fitted
New PP&R Headlight Switch has been fitted
- All the instruments and lights work
- New period-copy Tachometer has been fitted to the column 'honey pot' as was the
custom back in the day
- The Scuff-plates are in good condition and have
been cleaned and polished
- The Hood Lining is in fair-to-good condition,
with several small holes and a small
amount of staining but generally presents clean and presentable
- New Complianced Non-Retractable Seatbelts have been fitted for the driver and
passenger purchased new from Hemi Performance
- The centre/front seatbelt and
the rear seatbelts are the originals
- Inspection is freely
available and I'll try my best to accommodate those wanting to check it out
- Interstate buyers welcome and I'll help where I can if the vehicle needs to be picked up by transporter
- The car is located in Lara, Victoria, between Melbourne and Geelong.
- The car is being offered
"AS IS", with no roadworthy certificates, no permits or warranties
expressed or implied.
The vehicle has had extensive mechanical servicing and repairs to all parts of the car which would make the car registrable.
However, any roadworthy certificates are the responsibility of the buyer as the vehicle has NOT had a roadworthy examination
and therefore the onus is on the buyer for the presentation at a official roadworthy examination. The description and pictures wholly describe the car as best I can.
SERIOUS BIDDERS SHOULD INSPECT THE VEHICLE BEFORE BIDDING - BIDDING MEANS BUYING!
NO PAYPAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! CONTACT ME FIRST TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS
- CASH ON PICK-UP ONLY
- PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN (1) ONE WEEK AFTER END OF AUCTION
- The vehicle is NOT REGISTERED and is being sold "AS IS", unregistered and NO ROADWORTHY is supplied