Details about 1978 Holdsworth Mystique 5 speed large frame bicycleSee original listing
17 Jun, 2014 21:44:39 AEST
[ 4 bids ]
North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
A very rare and special vintage bicycle importedby the vendor from London. Holdsworth Mystique 5 speed, 25” (approx. 63.5cm) steeltube frame to suit a rider 180cm (5' 11") plus. In very good condition withlovely black paintwork and great decals. The bike features:
· Suginoaluminium crank (48 tooth)
· Lyotardaluminium pedals
· Fiamaluminium 27 x 1 ¼” rims - the rear has a flip flop hub with a reversiblelocking thread for fixed gear cog, with the single existing crankset makes aneasy fixed gear conversion if that is the preferred setup
· Nearnew touring tyres with tan coloured tyre walls
· Fulllightweight mudguard set
· SuntourSRX rear derailleur, Suntour friction shifter
· Mafacracer brakes
· Universalbrake levers (replaced using new old stock)
· ITMaluminium engraved handlebar and stempost
· Aluminiumseatpost and near new brown colour Charge seat matching handle bar tape
The bike has been carefully refurbished andmaintained to keep it in top running order. Significant reconditioningincludes:
· Replacementof headset
· Rebuildingof front wheel with quality DT Swiss spokes
· Replacementof rear freewheel (gear cogs) and chain with a setup better suited to Sydney’shills
· Regreasingand adjustment of wheel, bottom bracket and pedal bearings
Occasional scuffs to the frame, a few spots ofrust here and there on replaceable parts (no significant rust on frame butotherwise in excellent condition, especially given its age. Almost all partsare the vintage original, aside from where stated above. All original partsremoved from the bike are included in the sale.
An attractive, lightweight, reliable tourer -ideal for commuting and cruising around town. Rides very well.
Would ideally be picked up from Waverton (nextto North Sydney), but can be boxed up for $50 extra and sent as per courierarrangements made by the purchaser at the purchaser’s expense.
Contact by email please, queries will beanswered promptly. Available to be viewed in Waverton.
Hi, what is the standover height?
A: Standover height is 88cm or 34.6".
|14 Jun, 2014|