Instructions For Applying Skin Tape
NOTE: Please check the quality of hair when you just receive the hair. We are NOT liable for damages caused by technical issue (eg. wrong ways of putting them in).
The most important thing to remember when applying the tape is the thinner the piece, the better. The hair cannot be thicker than the thickness of the tape. This means just a FEW STRANDS thick. Also, don’t take the hair to the full length of the tape so each end can secure tape to tape. This will ensure the best hold.
1. Wash hair with a deep clean/clarifying shampoo (NO CONDITIONER IS TO BE APPLIED TO THE HAIR)
2. Dry hair until completely dry making sure root area has no moisture or residue
3. Section hair from ear to ear, sectioning the nape area below the ear around an inch in thickness all the way round
4.Starting at the middle of the nape, take a section no wider than the tape you are going to apply and no thicker that the tape hair piece. Taking a piece too thick will cause the tape not to stick as long.
5. Before peeling off the tape press firmly on the tape and back of hair piece from middle outwards
6. Now peel of the tape from one of the corners with fingers or tweezers
7. Place the piece underneath the section of hair, press hair down at the root area to the tape area, and then place the next piece on top sandwiching the hair between the two tapes by pressing firmly in the middle outwards
8. Complete your 1st row making sure you do not go too close to the hair line otherwise the tape will stick out and not lay flat
9. Section your second row by making sure you leave half to an inch section of hair in between, this will depend on the thickness of the hair
10.When applying the tape hair start just off center as this will create a brick form
11.The third row section will be taken from front area about half an inch above the ear across the head to the other side of the ear. Start again in the middle area working your way across the head
12. The fourth row section follow the same as no 11 instructions when applying this row you will start again just off centre to create a brick form application
13.The fifth row you leave half inch section between the last row
DEPENDING ON HOW SHORT THE HAIR IS YOU MAY TAKE ANOTHER SECTION ACROSS FROM FRONT OF THE EAR AND REPEAT NO 11 OR YOU WILL COMPLETE THE LAST ROW FROM BEHIND EAR SECTION.