Would you like to know the real cost of running your appliances?
Steplight Power Meter gives you accurate and easy to understand
information about your energy consumption. Uncover your energy hungry
appliances and start reducing your bills!
This is an accurate Power Meter.
Power Meter shown above has been spotted at major hardware
stores, supermarkets and online. It is usually priced between $20 and
$40. But, it is not reliably accurate (and the screen
is hard to read). It can miss sizable electrical loads (falsely
reporting 0 consumption), while others are overstated.
example, we have seen a 5 watt load displayed as 30 watts on this less
accurate power meter. This is misleading and does not help you
understand energy use or save money.
Here at Steplight we have
tested all the power meters we can get our hands on. We have finally
settled on the unit described above. It has the benefit of being
relatively inexpensive and accurate.
"Fantastic product, reads accurately unlike others at the same price!"
- Bradley (Urangan, Queensland)
was pleasantly surprised with how easy the Steplight Power Meter was to
use. It appears to be reasonably accurate, unlike some other meters.
I've identified the real power hogs in my house, and have taken steps to
make sure that they're always off when not in use."
- Ben (Beldon, Western Australia)
You could save $100's by using this power meter.
Here are some energy guzzlers and associated savings identified with this meter:
- The printer, screen and modem for just one computer were using 22 watts in standby. Switch these off and save $35 per year.
pool pump was found to be using 1,300 watts (costing over $600 per
year). Reduce the run-time by two hours per day and save $208 per year.
- A sound system's sub-woofer alone used 10 watts in standby. Flick it off when not needed and save $17 per year.
- A dishwasher's lower temperature setting used 0.4 kWh less per load. Make the change and save $32 per year.
"It's working brilliantly. I now know that my TV uses far more power in standby than I expected!"
- Nic (Masterton, New Zealand)
Stop energy wastage and start saving.
power meter measures the power consumption of any appliance plugged
into a standard power outlet. It can also measure a group of appliances
plugged into a single power board. Use it to uncover how much each of
your appliances cost to run.
- It can measure appliance power consumption from 1 to 2,400 watts.
- It reports usage over time in kilo-watt hours (kWh). This is what you get billed for.
- Track appliance costs by entering your electricity tariff.
- It also measures voltage, current, Power Factor and frequency (50 or 60Hz).
displays watts (W) and voltage (V) to one decimal place. It shows
kilowatt-hours (kWh) and current in amps (A) to three decimal places.
"Easy to read, simple to set. Good product. Thanks!"
- Richard (Vasse, Western Australia)
It also has these additional features:
- In-built timer to track appliance run-time.
- Internal battery ensures data is not lost when unplugged.
- Accuracy of measurements are +/- 0.5%.
- Power consumption of the meter is less than 0.5 watts
- It can be used with an extension cord
The unit comes with printed instructions. Click here to download the power meter user manual (PDF).
"Nice unit, well packed, quickly shipped."
- Ralf (Marananga, South Australia)
Product Satisfaction GUARANTEE
If you are unsatisfied with an item, we'll pay for return postage and send you a full refund (available within 30 days of your order).
FREE DELIVERY on Additional Items
with Australia Post or Fast Way Couriers is just $7.95, no matter how
much you order. Order before 2pm for same day dispatch.
Easy, Fast and SECURE Payments
Checkout on-line to pay with your Credit Card or PayPal. Call us on 1300 139 996 to pay over the phone or by direct deposit.Check out my other items!