8mm hi8 camcorder tape tdk
8MM HI8 CAMCORDER TAPE - 90 MIN, METAL PARTICLE (MP)
MP Position is designed to meet the requirements of both amateur and semi professional Hi8 camcorder users. Advanced particle coating technology is just one of the reasons the MP Position excels.
Metal oxide is the basis for the VHS family of tapes, including HI8. It is produced by adheringoxidized metal to polyester film. A Metal Particle (MP) tape is produced by much the same process but the film is coated with small metal particles instead of oxides. Metal Evaporated (ME) tape contains metal particles bound to the polyester film by a special evaporation process. MP and MEtapes are only available in the 8mm, Hi8 and Mini DV formats.
Choosing Metal Particle or Metal Evaporated tape... To pack even more metal onto the ME tape surface, metal particles are vapor deposited onto the film base, eliminating the need for a glue binder. The result is greater coercivity and retentivity--up to four times as much as MP. However, this enhanced performance comes at the cost of stamina. ME tapes are generally less durable than MP and are not well suited to the stresses of editing.
In fact, so good is the performance of TDK's MP formulation, it challenges the performance of the best bonafide ME tapes.
It ’s enhanced resolution and extra richness of colour make it the preferred Hi8 tape for premium mastering and archiving applications.
- All Purpose Tape that will boast clear, balanced video and audio every time.
- TDK 8mm camcorder media provides the rich, vivid color reproduction and superior audio clarity required to keep your memories alive and well for years tocome.
- It offers superb performance in a wide range of lighting conditions, making it easy to get great results with your camcorder giving 90 minutes in standard play.
- Suitable for original mastering, Indoor/ outdoor camcorder action, Library building, Multi-dubbing and editing and Digital audio recording.
- TDK’s MP Position utilises a refined version of TDK’s proprietary Super Finavinx metal particle formulation.