This is a brand new PX07 Boss Compressor by BOSS
And the gear you would normally need to hook it up to a tank.
Here's what you get in this really handy kit ....
- PX07 Compressor
- 100% Duty Cycle Solenoid
- 110-150 psi pressure switch (can change to 110-135 psi or 70-100 psi for no extra charge and can also have 150-180 psi for +$10)
- 700mm Stanless Steel Braided Hose for heat management
- 3/8" Flare fitting for hose
- Check Valve so when compressor turn off air doesn't leab back through it
- Easy to follow set up diagram
Doesn't include a tank or wiring
The BOSS PX07 Compressor is regarded as the biggest and best 12V or 24V Compressor on the market. It's grunt easily doubles that of the biggest ARB unit and we challenge any critic to present us with a faster unit. In fact if you buy this and find within a week there was a bigger and stronger unit then send it back for a refund.
- Runs on 12V and 24V
- Rated at 3/4 HP
- 170 Litres free flow (3.5 cfm)
- Happily pumps to 200 psi but safe regular work loads to 150 psi
- 100% Duty Cycle (which means it just keeps going rather than cutting out)
- 60 Amp max start up current at pressure. You cant have power without Amps.
- Fan Cooled
- No Oil - means it can be mounted upside down or on its side.
- Air Filter maybe cleaned and mounted in a different location like away from water
- No plastic internal parts
- Re-buildable which means we stock servicable parts like pistons, rings, head and brushes so you can keep this going inexpensively for years to come. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171152992962
Being 3/4 HP this unit averages 560 Watts. That's about 6 spot lights so it deserves respect. High capacity power leads via a high capacity relay must be used. Voltage drop results from thin wires and long wires. Lower voltage means significantly higher amps and this generates heat and burning out of any electrical motor. The rule of thumb is the longer the wire the heavier it needs to be. We want to see wire at least as thick as a pencil be used and your relay should be at least 100Amps. We supply wiring instructions so anyone can set up this BOSS compressor.
The BOSS PX07 does not have oil inside and so that means it can be mounted on its side or upside down even. Lots of people run them under ute trays or in the engine bay and they are fine with being exposed to the elements. The air intake filter can be mounted remotely like high on a roll cage so as not to take in water for those more serious off roaders.
This is the stand alone compressor. Many people already have the following items which ought to be used in conjunction with a compressor but we list these as well if you need them ... Check out our ebay store for these additional items if you need any of them. We can also bundle up a package with free postage etc and also do package deals.
- Relay for running heavy power leads
- Fuse capable of 75 Amps
- Pressure Switch - Auto turns compressor off when it reaches a certain pressure and restarts it when the pressure drops to a certain point.
- One Way Check Valve - Stops air flowing back through compressor when it switches off at attained pressure.
- Braided stainless steel air line to manage natural heat generated by the compressor.
- Air Tanks - we sell a variety of alloy air tanks in our ebay store. Compressing air generates moisture and condensation and your fittings need to be stainless steel or alloy so as not to corrode.
- Air hoses for tyres
- Accessories like ... nozzles for blowing dust out of the car, tyre inflation hand units, air horns, air locker set ups - there's no end of possibilities
This is a big man-sized compressor. The dimensions are :
- 224mm tall to top of cylinder head
- 360mm long with filter attached
- 144mm wide
The unit is primarily 12V but the 4WD event competition guys run 24V into this un-modified compressor and yes it does run twice as fast when you do this.
And here's the link to our wiring kit for this big brute ...
Here are some links to our aluminium rust proof tanks :
We are a specialist air systems supplier to the automotive industry. Since the very start of BOSS we have been delivering BOSS solutions to the 4WDer, Mining and commercial applications, fishing and marine and the air suspension industries. We just do BOSS stuff so we aren't distracted and we stay focussed on delivering quality air solutions at great prices.
We warrant everything we sell for 12 months - just keep proof of purchase and we are at your beck and call.