Unless sold in “as-is” condition, all items and their components are sold as “fully functional” and “as described”.
Items described as fully functional are guaranteed to be working upon arrival and are sold with a seven (7) day DOA guarantee from the date of delivery, as indicated by the courier.
Should you believe an item to be dead on arrival (DOA), or “not as described”, please contact us within seven (7) days to speak to a technician or to arrange return of the item. Should our inspection and tests determine that the item is DOA or “not as described”, you will have the choice of a refund, repair, replacement or credit note. We reserve the right to test the item before providing refund, repair, replacement or credit note. Items returned that are subsequently found to be working or “as described” will attract a service charge.
Additionally, fully functional items come with a thirty (30) day warranty. Should an item become faulty during warranty period please contact us as soon as possible (and within the warranty period) to arrange to either speak to a technician or return the item. Should our inspection and tests determine the item to be faulty, your options may include refund, partial refund, repair, replacement or credit note. We reserve the right to test the item before communicating with you about your options. Items returned that are subsequently found to be working or “as described” will attract a service charge.
We do not refund, exchange or issue credit notes where an item has been tampered with, used incorrectly or with incorrect accessories, or where you simply change your mind.
- All returns must be accompanied by a completed Return Form and original invoice. Buy IT Back endeavours to test all items as quickly as possible, however testing may take up to five (5) week days (excluding public holidays) from the date of receipt of the item.
- Our ability to test for faults is partly dependant on an accurate fault description on the Return Form. Descriptions such as “faulty” and “does not work” are not acceptable and will result in delay.
- Second-hand items may have cosmetic marks or imperfections. If these do not affect the performance of an item, they are not considered faults.
- The customer is responsible for the correct installation of purchased components. Failure to correctly install components is not a fault and is not covered by our warranty. Buy IT Back will gladly offer advice on components that have been purchased from us, however any work carried out including BIOS flashes, software updates for known issues and installation of drivers, will attract a service charge. If your item is serviced, tampered with or installed by anyone (including qualified technicians) outside of Buy IT Back, your warranty will be automatically void.
- Items that do not perform to your expectations or that cannot be configured by the customer are not considered to be faulty.
- Insurance as available at a rate of $3 per $100 purchase cost. An item purchased for $250 will cost $9 to insure.
- Insurance only covers loss or damage incurred during the freight process.
- Where an item is “damaged” during freight, Buy IT Back will either repair, ship a replacement item at no additional cost, or refund the total cost of the transaction, including the original shipping charge. Repair, replacement or refund is at the discretion of Buy IT Back. Buy IT Back reserves the right to determine if an item has been damaged during freight.
- Where an item is “damaged”, it is the responsibility of the customer to incur the cost of returning the item to Buy IT Back. Buy IT Back will reimburse this freight cost if the item proves to be damaged. Damaged items must be repacked appropriately for freight.
- Where an item is “lost” during freight, Buy IT Back will either ship a replacement item at no additional cost or refund the total cost of the transaction, including the original shipping charge.
- All insurance claims will be subject to investigation by Buy IT Back.
- If insurance is not purchased at the time of transaction, Buy IT Back cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that may occur during freight.
- All insurance claims must be made to Buy IT Back within five (5) days of the items’ receipt, as indicated by the courier. For lost items, Buy IT Back must be notified within fifteen (15) days from the date the item was invoiced.