Details about BSN AMINOX AMINO X 30 SERVES 435g BLUE RASPBERRY BCAA PROTEIN POWDER XTENDBSN AMINOX AMINO X 30 SERVES 435g BLUE RASPBERRY BCAA PROTEIN POWDER XTEND See original listing
30 Apr, 2014 10:14:53 AEST
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
Massive Joe's Thoughts
Since Optimum Nutrition acquired BSN late in 2010, all of us at MJHQ have been eagerly awaiting BSN's first new supplement release under the direction of the great product development minds at O.N. This eagerness being primarily founded upon the fact that it has been a long time since BSN released a product that got us really excited - sure the NT series of products was good, but not great - so it was time that BSN put itself back on the supplement industry map with an exciting new product to blow us all away.
So when the first case of BSN AminoX - the world's FIRST effervescent BCAA supplement - hit Australian shores in the middle of 2011, it was quickly devoured by the supplement testing vultures at MJHQ and our BSN Amino-X testing regime was ON!
And what transpired over the month that followed was truly inspiring...
The first thing that our test subjects reported was just how fine and "floury" the micronised BCAA powder in AminoX is. Differing from the usual crystalline appearance of BCAAs, AminoX looks more like talcum powder - so fine and light you can almost breathe it in. So it is no surprise that the mixability of AminoX is simply ridiculous! Just a few flicks of a spoon in a glass of water and the powder is completely dissolved - no clumps, no floaters and no sinkers! We have not seen anything like this from a BCAA supplement until now!
But mixability aside, the most immediate and overwhelming feedback that we received from our test athletes was how damn good AminoX tastes - this product really does take flavour to a whole new level, combining sweet fruity flavours with sparkling effervescence to create a taste bud party previously unimaginable! In fact, this product tastes so good, our test athletes reported that they were actually drinking AminoX throughout the day just to have a sugar-free, fizzy drink treat!
But enough of the superficial observations, what about the actual effects of this supplement?
Well perhaps the most impressive element of this exciting product is the intra-workout endurance that you will experience when taking it. Our test athletes reported intra-workout endurance that just kept going, and going... and going! When taking AminoX you really will feel like you can train forever with the type of intensity that you should only have at the start of a workout. All this while being completely stimulant free! Does it get any better than this?!
Well, I'm glad that you asked - because it sure as hell does! Not only while you train like a freak, but you will recover quicker than a tour de france cyclist (for those of you not familiar with cycling, that is really, really quick LOL!). You will question whether or not you trained hard enough the day before, because your muscle recovery and lack of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) will be off the chain! BOOM!
So did BSN AminoX get the tick of approval from our 5 test athletes who put it through its paces for an entire month? HELL YES!
But before I wrap this review up, I feel obliged to address the elephant in the room - considering AminoX is BSN's blatant attempt to break into the intra-workout supplement category that Scivation Xtend created, how does BSN AminoX stack up against the world's #1 intra-workout supplement, Scivation Xtend? Well, in true MassiveJoes fashion, let's break this down step by step, pointing out the major differences between these 2 supplements so that YOU can make an informed decision on which supplement best suits YOUR needs:
1. BSN AminoX does not contain any l-glutamine, whereas Scivation Xtend does. L-glutamine is a critical ingredient that promotes muscle intracellular BCAA metabolism and also acts as a powerful cellular energy source. Why did BSN choose to leave out this critical anabolic amino acid? Well, the theory is that by leaving l-glutamine out of the formula, AminoX stacks much better with BSN's flagship nitric oxide enhancer, BSN Nitrix. Some studies have shown that high levels of l-glutamine can inhibit nitric oxide synthesis from arginine (the main ingredient in BSN Nitrix) - I actually have my own anecdotal evidence to support this - so by leaving l-glutamine out of AminoX, the effects of Nitrix will be greatly enhanced. Therefore, if you are going to take BSN AminoX, we highly recommend offsetting the lack of l-glutamine with a spike in nitric oxide by taking BSN Nitrix at the same time.
2. BSN AminoX contains only one electrolyte (sodium), whereas Scivation Xtend contains 3 (potassium, chloride and sodium). Electrolytes, in particular sodium, are lost through sweat during training and should be replaced, but the jury is out regarding how much should be replaced and which types of electrolytes are most vital.
3. BSN AminoX does not specify the exact ratio of BCAAs in its formulation, whereas Scivation Xtend does. Nobody really knows what ratio of leucine to iso-leucine to valine is in AminoX (except of course, BSN) - on the contrary Scivation Xtend has the scientifically proven ratio of 2:1:1.
4. BSN AminoX contains taurine, whereas Scivation Xtend does not. Taurine is a muscle volumizer and may enhance athletic performance, which explains why you feel like you can train forever when taking BSN AminoX.
5. BSN AminoX is effervescent, whereas Scivation Xtend is not. From our experience, this really only affects the taste of the two products. Some people will prefer the fizziness of BSN AminoX, while others will prefer the smoothness of Scivation Xtend.
6. BSN AminoX contains vitamin D, Scivation Xtend contains vitamin B6. Vitamin D has been thought to increase athletic performance, although this has yet to to be scientifically validated. On the other hand, vitamin B6 has been scientifically shown to ensure optimal BCAA aminotransferase reactions.
7. BSN Amino-X contains l-alanine, whereas Scivation Xtend does not. Alanine plays a key role in glucose–alanine cycle between muscle tissues and the liver, leaving all available ATP in muscle cells for muscle contraction. This may also explain why you feel like superman (or superwoman) when using BSN AminoX.
8. BSN contains l-citrulline and malic acid, whereas Scivation Xtend contains bonded citrulline malate. Is there really that big a difference when it comes to the nitric oxide enhancing effects that the end user experiences? Not really.
So there you have it - the results of our supplement testing regime on BSN AminoX PLUS a comparison with the world's #1 intra-workout supplement, Scivation Xtend. There is enough content in this review to keep a group of web-designing computer nerds busy for days, so if you made it this far - congratulations! I hope it has given you a comprehensive introduction to BSN AminoX.
All in all, it seems that AminoX has the potential to put BSN back on the supplement industry map! We are excited to be the first company in Australia to bring this exciting new supplement to all of our customers! We recommend it for anybody wanting to train harder for longer, recover faster and enjoy a great tasting intra-workout supplement in the meantime! If you have used Scivation Xtend in past, we recommend giving BSN AminoX a go to see which product works best for you. If you haven't used an intra-workout BCAA supplement yet, then as our test athletes have shown, BSN AminoX is a great place to start!
Why Choose Massive Joe's
Free Express Shipping
We use Australia's most reliable express shipping services. Get free express shipping with all orders over $150!