BATMAN COMBO #5 - Batman cowl mask, cape, gloves, & Batman Begins/The Dark Knight belt!
SuperHeroSource is the place to get your authentic Batman cowl mask, cape, gloves, and belt all in one! All 4 costume items in one combo auction!
1. Batman Returns Cowl/Mask - An officially licensed Batman Returns Michael Keaton rubber Commemorative cowl mask. This is a full head cowl just like in the films. It is made of vinyl rubber and has velcro in the back so you can get into and out of the cowl easily. It can fit up to a 23.5" head just fine. Make sure to measure your head before bidding, it is a very snug cowl. People with larger heads should purchase our Batman Begins/TDK cowl instead which can fit up to a 24" head. The Returns cowl has a bat emblem that is part of the cowl and not removable. It can fit any type of Batman style costume you are going for, even comic style Batman costumes! The traditional yellow and black Batman logo is a classic!
You first saw this cowl in Batman (1989) designed by Bob Ringwood but it was more weathered, rough version, and not smooth at all. Tim Burton wanted to improve on the design in the first film and Bob redesigned the entire suit to be more plate armor like with the help of Vin Burnham and Steve Wang for Batman Returns (1992). This made it more sleek with smoother lines and the traditional Batman emblem. The Batman Returns cowl has sharper eyebrows, nose, and a slightly different shape to the eyes and chin than its 89 counterpart. A huge improvement! And that is the version we sell!
Please note, the black parts you see on the cowl are vinyl rubber. The yellow part on the emblem is painted on by hand. Every cowl we sell is unique and the quality of the paint job varies from cowl to cowl. It is not bad, but we just want you to be aware of this if you are a perfectionist. We have had several customers carefully cut out the emblem with scissors to add their own emblem or just wear the cowl without an emblem at all depending on the look they are going for with their costume. So this cowl is very versatile.
The other point we want you to be aware of is that since the ears on this cowl are much longer than our other cowls, they sometimes flop over and look bent, especially after being in transit. This can usually be fixed by using a hair dryer to warm up the ears allowing it to return to form. We also have had several customers use Crayola Model Magic available at any craft store to fill the ears and make them solid and more straight.
Hopefully these tips will help you. Let us know if you have any questions!
[Batman dangles a mugger over the side of a building]
Nic: Don't kill me! Don't kill me, man! Don't kill me! Don't kill me, man!
Batman: I'm not going to kill you. I want you to do me a favor. I want you to tell all your friends about me.
Nic: What are you?
Batman: I'm Batman.
The Penguin: You're just jealous, because I'm a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask!
Batman: You might be right.
Such memorable scenes from Batman and Batman Returns! Our Batman Returns Keaton cowl is perfect for any Batman costume look you choose!
2. Hero Cape - An amazingly flowing long black Hero cape. It has a 103" (8.6 foot) wingspan from tip to tip at the bottom! It is HUGE! The cape is made of very lightweight material just like the electrostatically flocked parachute material that was used in the films. The material for this cape really help it billow and flow as you walk around. It closes uses ties on each end around the neck, just tie them together and your cowl goes right over it. This gives you that same effect you saw in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight when walking around. Smooth and flowing. There's enough material to pull the cape out in front of you like a cloak for a very fierce effect when staring down your enemies! Our model in these pictures is 5'11" wearing our full body black cotton/spandex undersuit. (Please note undersuit and boots are not included in this auction).
3. Batman Gauntlets - Our officially licensed Batman gauntlets as seen in Batman The Dark Knight (TDK). The gaunlet portion is made a synthetic leather/vinyl type material. The plated armor pattern on them is identical to the screen used Batman gauntlets that Christian Bale wore in TDK. (**Note the Begins gloves shown in the combo\montage photo at the top of this page were discontinued and replaced with the TDK/TDKR gloves shown below. You will get the TDK/TDKR gloves shown below.)
In the films, Bruce Wayne travels the world and finds himself imprisoned in Bhutan before Henri Ducard recruits him to join the League of Shadows. There while being trained by Henri aka Ra'a Al Ghul, he acquires the first version of his ninja gauntlets. Who can forget that sword fight on the ice!
Later in the film, as he puts together the Batsuit, he takes the ninja gauntelts he acquired in Bhutan during his training and spray paints them black to match the suit. You see him use them several times including the last scene of the film where he uses them to break Ra's Al Ghul's sword cane to pieces!
Ra's al Ghul: [fighting Batman on the monorail, dismissively] Familiar. Don't you have anything new?
[swings sword at Batman, who catches the blade within the blades of his gauntlets]
Batman: How about *this*?
[uncrosses his arms and pulls them outward, shattering the sword]
By far one of the best scenes in the movie!!
In The Dark Knight, Bruce needs something lighter and Lucius Fox develops these armor plated gauntlets with fins that can split open and shoot straight out. Not only a defensive weapon, but an offensive weapon too now! Who can forget the last fight agains the Joker?
The Joker: It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?
Batman: No! But I know how you got these!
[gauntlet fins shoot out, slashing open Joker's face]
They are perfect for any Batman costume you choose, Begins, TDK, Panther, 89, Returns, Comic style, etc! Contact us if you need more info.
4. Batman Begins/TDK belt utility belt - You saw this utility belt all throughout Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Bruce used the same utility belt for both his suits. It started off as a Wayne Enterprise prototype climbing harness. Bruce modifies the harness for use with his Batsuits. It has an innovative gear-attachment system, Batman can easily grab and replace anything on the belt quickly and easily like his grapple gun or batarangs. The belt you will get is made of hard ABS plastic and closed in the back using velcro ties so it is fully adjustable. It has 1 cylinder and 1 pouch which are static and not functional.
We also offer these belts with this combo auction, please check our other auctions for them:
-Yellow comic style functional belt (classic comic style)
-Black 10 pocket canvas belt (Dead End style)
-Tan 10 pocket canvas belt (Jim Lee style)
Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
Seller charges sales tax for items posted to: TX*(8.25%).
* Tax applies to subtotal + P&H for these states only
Item must be returned within
Refund will be given as
14 days after the buyer receives it
Money back or item exchange (buyer's choice)
The buyer is responsible for return postage costs.
Return policy details
-All items must be brand new and unused with the tags still attached
-All returns and exchanges must be requested within 14 days
-Shipping charges are non-refundable
-Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have the actual shipping charges deducted from refund
-Buyer pays return shipping
-Please allow up to 3 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
-International customers: Please mark the item as "VENDOR RETURN" to avoid duties and customs.
Refunds by law: In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business for goods purchased if the goods are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match description. More information at returns - opens in a new window or tab.
Buyer protection on eBay
Immediate payment required for this item
Immediate payment of US $134.00 is required.
Seller's payment instructions
Free shipping offered in the United States only. *** International bidders, please note we ship USPS Global Express Mail only. We had too many incidents of lost or held by Customs using cheaper methods. USPS Global Express Mail is fast, trackable, insured, and has guaranteed delivery times (excluding any Customs delays).
Contact us if you need to return or exchange an item. Items must be in brand new unused condition to be eligible for a return or exchange. Product tags must still be attached
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your max bid:
Your max bid:
By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agreed to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.