BIRKENSTOCK Birko-Flor Gizeh - Mocca Brown
Don't pay full price for your Papillio or Birkenstock shoes in a retail store or wait weeks to get your shipment from Germany. All stock listed here is in Brisbane and ready to ship at fantastic prices! Check out our other listings for other colours and styles. Invest in your feet today with a pair of shoes that will last you years*!
*See the Caring For Your Birkenstock/Papillio Shoes section below for information on how to maximise the life of your lovely new shoes!
Birkenstock have been making footwear for over 200 years, and have gathered extensive knowledge in the area of foot health. This knowledge and experience is the foundation of their proven high quality sandals and shoes. The fine construction of the Birkenstock/Papillio shoe is specifically developed for the deep footbed, and corresponds perfectly to the anatomy of the foot. The Birkenstock footbed naturally surrounds the toes and guides them back to their natural position which are often painfully pushed together by fancy dress shoes.
Birkenstock footwear is available in different widths. Most styles come in Narrow (fitting narrow to medium width feet) and Regular (fitting medium to wider width feet). This listing includes only the Regular styles.
- Brand - Birkenstock
- Model - Gizeh
- Footbed - Cork
- Upper - Birko Flor
- Inner Sole - Suede leather
- Sole - EVA
- Footbed Width - Regular (outlined footprint)
- Made in Germany (most Papillio styles are made in the Birkenstock factories in Spain, while classic mono-coloured Birkenstocks are made in Germany)
- EVA outsole - aids comfort
- Lower jute layer - provides stability
- Cork latex core - provides comfort and support
- Upper jute layer - absorbs moisture
- Suede leather lining - ensures optimum climate for your feet
- Footbed edge - elevated to protect toes
- Toe bar - encourage natural gripping motion
- Cross arch support - maintains the natural positioning of the metatarsal arch
- Inner & outer longitudinal arch supports - maintains the natural positioning of the medial and lateral arch
- Deep heel cup - provides firm foot hold and even weight distribution
Birkenstock Size Chart
Birkenstocks use European sizing for all their shoes - since they're all made in Germany. Please refer to the size chart below to confirm your best fit shoe size.
Bare Foot Length
5 - 5.5
6 - 6.5
7 - 7.5
8 - 8.5
9 – 9.5
10 - 10.5
11 – 11.5
Caring For Your Birkenstock/Papillio Shoes
CARING FOR CORK - Cork Life (or other similar cork sealant) should be applied to prevent your Birkenstock Footbeds from drying out. When the cork no longer looks shiny, apply a thin coat of Cork Life. Do not be alarmed by cracks which appear where the foot bends. This is an indication that the shoe is adapting to your walking pattern. These cracks are superficial and can be repaired. Please inspect your cork footbeds regularly. If cracks appear apply cork sealant as described above. If small pieces of cork start to chip out take your shoes to a Birkenstock workshop as this should be repaired immediately. If the cork breaks down too far the only option is to replace the entire footbed including the EVA sole unit. This is called recycling.
DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER - Your shoes should not be immersed in water as the leather will become hard and brittle. The glues and sealants will dissolve in water. Salt water is corrosive so you should rinse the buckles whenever they have been exposed to salt water. The buckles and rivets can be replaced.
AVOID EXTREME HEAT - Both the cork and the soles of your Birkenstocks can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your shoes in closed cars on warm days and keep them away from radiators and fireplaces. If your shoes become wet, allow them to dry slowly, away from direct heat.
REPAIRING THE SOLES - The heels and tips of your soles should be replaced before you start wearing into the cork. It is possible to replace the entire sole unit this should be done when you have worn through the tread pattern under the ball of your foot.
CARING FOR FOOTBEDS - The footbed is constructed of layers of jute and cork covered in a suede lining. The footbed is designed to absorb moisture from your feet. It is recommended to air your footbeds regularly to prevent a build up of odours which occur from excess moisture.
How To Wear Your Birkenstocks
Birkenstocks are meant to be worn loosely. Support comes from the footbed, not tightly secured straps. Wearing them loosely allows your feet to move naturally and also improves circulation. Backstraps worn too tightly push the feet forward, preventing them from resting naturally in the footbeds.
Some people find Birkenstocks immediately comfortable. For others, it takes a few hours a day for a week or two to break them in. Although the shoes may feel rigid at times, remember that the firm support is essential for the orthotic benefits of Birkenstocks. They will become more flexible with wear. The uppers will become more supple and the footbeds will adjust slightly to your feet. If your feet are unaccustomed to the contour footbed, start gradually wearing them for a couple of hours a day for the first week or so.
What is Birko Flor?
Birko Flor is used in over 90% of all the Birkenstock and Papillio shoe uppers and is a patented synthetic alternative to leather which is a smooth vinyl with a compressed felt backing. It's water-resistant, no break-in required, doesn’t stretch or fade and easy to clean with a wet washcloth
Exchanges and Refunds
We are happy to refund and/or exchange unworn shoes if they do not fit or if you change your mind. Please contact us prior to returning your shoes so that we can make arrangements for what will happen upon their return. Shoes must be returned in their original unworn condition at the expense of the buyer. Worn shoes are subject to normal wear and tear and are not eligible for refunds or exchanges. Please refer to the section above for information on how to care for your Birkenstock/Papillio shoes.
Methods of payment accepted include Paypal, bank deposit and cash on pickup (pickup is available for Brisbanites from Upper Brookfield). Payment is required within three business days.
We post daily after 12pm. Most orders will be sent either the same day, or the next business day following payment.
All items are posted via Australia Post with some form of tracking.
- $13.40 - standard post which includes tracking
- $14.80 - Express Post which includes tracking and *guarantees next business day delivery to most metro areas - please check the Australia Post Express Network to confirm if you are eligible for next day delivery
SAVE ON POSTAGE IF YOU DON'T NEED THE BOX!!! Shipping prices below without the box - please request invoice total if you prefer this option:
- $8.25 - standard post which includes tracking
- $10.55 - Express Post which includes tracking and *guarantees next business day delivery to most metro areas - please check the Australia Post Express Network to confirm if you are eligible for next day delivery
Combined postage also applies for multiple purchases from our store where applicable.
Delivery times will vary depending on your location. All stock travels from Brisbane to your nominated address. Australia Post regular post travels by road. Express Post travels by air and guarantees next day delivery to most Australian addresses (non-regional) - we recommend this option for anyone who is in a rush and doesn't want to wait, especially in the case of WA and Tasmania. We post all purchases very promptly, but once in the hands of Australia Post, the following approximate delivery times will apply:
REGULAR POST travelling from Brisbane
- to Brisbane - up to 2 business days
- to Sydney - 2 to 3 business days
- to Melbourne - 3 to 4 business days
- to Adelaide, Perth or Hobart - 5 to 6 business days (if you're happy to pay a little extra, Express Post is recommended for faster delivery to your area)
- to Darwin and regional or country locations - add an extra 3 to 4 business days to the delivery time to your nearest capital city (again we recommend Express Post for faster delivery)
EXPRESS POST travelling from Brisbane (please go to http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html to check if your postcode falls within the Next Business Day Guarantee)
- to Brisbane and greater Queensland - 1 business day
- to Sydney & Canberra - 1 business day
- to Melbourne - 1 business day
- to Adelaide, Perth or Hobart - 1 business day
- to Darwin and regional or country locations - add an extra 1 to 2 business days to the delivery time to your nearest capital city
FREE POSTAGE applies if you spend $50 or more on Playgro, Nuby or Bubba Blue products - checkout our other awesome listings. Combined postage rates also apply on purchases under $50.00.
If you have any further questions on any of our products or services, please don't hesitate to contact us.