Details about Bone Carving Crusaders Cross Warrior Dagger Necklace N1See original listing
29 Sep, 2012 04:47:44 AEST
Approximately AU $25.04(including postage)
1/1Feedback on our suggestions
HANDCARVED FROM BONE (bovinae family) WITH ORNAMENTAL FLEUR-DE-LIS CARVINGS
* Handcarved in the blended shape of a cross and a blade focusing on details and smooth shiny finish
* Also known as The Cross of St. James or a Cross Flory Fitch or Cross Fitchy
* the lower part is fashioned as a sword blade - making this a cross of a warrior.
* due to its resemblance to a sword, symbolizing in a sense taking up the sword for the name of Christ.
* This form is said to have originated at the time of the Crusades, when the crusaders carried small crosses with pointed lower arms, capable of being thrust into the ground at a time of daily devotions.
* The Fleur-de-lis represents spotless honour (an honour of having defeated an enemy without spilling blood)
* The sword represents the knightly character of the apostle and refers his martyrdom, since he was decapitated by sword. It can also symbolize, in a certain sense, taking the sword in the name of Christ.
* It is said that the form of the insignia originated during the crusade period, when the knights took small crosses with the bottoms sharpened to be able to nail them into the ground and carry out their daily devotion
* Pendant size: 1.8 inches (4.5cm) long; 1.0 inches (2.5cm) wide
* This pendant comes on an adjustable cotton string - fits all neck sizes!
* Cotton is durable and you can wear it while swimming or taking showers.
* condition: Brand New
* Carvings made of bone are soft and warm to the touch yet the finish is like polished glass, they seem to blend with your body and become a part of you, especially when warn as a pendant against your skin.
* Over a period of time bone carvings absorb oils from your skin and change colour to a very light honey gold. The Maori believe this is to be the carving taking on some of your spirituality or essence and thus truly becoming a part of the wearer.
* no-questions-asked money back or exchange guarantee!
Makes a great gift!
Check out our most popular categories