This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tabThis amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tab
HANDCARVED FROM BONE (bovinae family) WITH ORNAMENTAL FLEUR-DE-LIS CARVINGS
* Handcarved in the blended shape of a cross and a blade focusing on details and smooth shiny finish
* Also known as The Cross of St. James or a Cross Flory Fitch or Cross Fitchy
* the lower part is fashioned as a sword blade - making this a cross of a warrior.
* due to its resemblance to a sword, symbolizing in a sense taking up the sword for the name of Christ.
This form is said to have originated at the time of the Crusades, when
the crusaders carried small crosses with pointed lower arms, capable
of being thrust into the ground at a time of daily devotions.
* The Fleur-de-lis represents spotless honour (an honour of having defeated an enemy without spilling blood)
The sword represents the knightly character of the apostle and refers
his martyrdom, since he was decapitated by sword. It can also
symbolize, in a certain sense, taking the sword in the name of Christ.
* It is said that the form of the insignia originated during the
crusade period, when the knights took small crosses with the bottoms
sharpened to be able to nail them into the ground and carry out their
* This pendant comes on an adjustable cotton string - fits all neck sizes!
* Cotton is durable and you can wear it while swimming or taking showers.
* condition: Brand New
Carvings made of bone are soft and warm to the touch yet the finish
is like polished glass, they seem to blend with your body and become a
part of you, especially when warn as a pendant against your skin.
Over a period of time bone carvings absorb oils from your skin and
change colour to a very light honey gold. The Maori believe this is to
be the carving taking on some of your spirituality or essence and
thus truly becoming a part of the wearer.
* no-questions-asked money back or exchange guarantee!
Makes a great gift!
Check out our most popular categories
Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your max bid:
Your max bid:
By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agreed to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.