HINTS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
According to the classic rules of landscape layout, the sky occupies 3/5 of the space above the line of horizon, whether real or imaginary. In photography, this is interpreted by major differences in luminosity between the sky and the rest of the image.
COKIN Graduated Filters, by reducing the difference, re-balance the luminosity between the upper and lower part of the image. They put an end to disappointment from washed-out skies and underexposed landscapes.
Since the sky and the clouds are changeable and varied,
COKIN Graduated Filters invite you to imitate them in your own interpretation of colors. These secondary characters will become essential actors in a dialogue with the countryside.
The height of COKIN Graduated Filters can be regulated. The tinted part of the filter comprises a zone of gradual transition before the filter becomes transparent. Always check this zone in the view-finder. Place it high, by preference at the line of horizon so that the color of the filter does not interfere with the landscape.
Choose an average aperture : small apertures reduce the zone of transition, particularly with wide-angle lenses. If your camera is Autofocus, hold the Filter-holder to prevent it rotating with the lens during focusing.
The darker or lighter neutral grey of each compensates for bright light. By under-exposing the sky, they give a better relief to the sufaces and colours of landscapes and architecture. They are indispensable in summer, for seaside and mountain photos ...
COKIN - The original square filter system.
Only few years ago, photographers and videographers were asking for special effect filters. Today they ask for COKIN filters. Keywords are simplicity and rapidity of use, leaving full room for your individual inspiration and creativity. The efficiency of the COKIN System has already convinced millions of photographers and videographers worldwide, you are the next !
The Universal COKIN FILTER-HOLDERS are adaptable to all lenses, thanks to a simple adaptor ring (up to 118mm).
The COKIN SYSTEM is also a complete range of more than 200 CREATIVE FILTERS made of high quality of optical material considered today as being part of the most advance technologies (extra light weight, highly resistant to shocks, excellent optical transmission, high compatibility to coloring etc.).
- Control light and color directly on your raw images at the time of shooting;
- Keep the quality of your images without excessive post production work;
- Create specific effects saving time on your computer.
- Same filter for all your lenses by just replacing the adaptor ring.
- Rotate, slide, decentre in all directions for more precision and creativity.
HOW DOES THE COKIN SYSTEM WORK ?
The COKIN CREATIVE SYSTEM consists of 3 main components :
An Adaptor Ring + A Filter Holder + 1 or more filters.
Note : The COKIN CREATIVE round filters (eg. polarizers) slide/rotate into the nearest slot from the lens. This means you can simultaneously use other filters such as neutral density graduated filters and control the position of both independently.
THE COKIN FILTER HOLDERS
The COKIN Holders fit onto the camera lens by snapping on the adaptor ring to be screwed onto the lens. Make sure your adaptor ring corresponds to your lens diameter.
There are 4 different Series in the COKIN System. Basically, the size to be used depends on the outer diameter of your lens : the larger it is, the larger the holder you must go for.
THE BEST SERIES TO FIT ON YOUR CAMERA
Please see www.cokin.com for more information
* You are bidding on NEW Merchandise! USA Direct! Spotlight Photo is an AUTHORIZED Cokin (Omegabrandess) dealer and does NOT sell any gray market items. You may verify that we are an authorized Cokin dealer by contacting Omegabrandess at 1-410-374-3250.
* Free standard shipping is to US address only. Expedited serices are additional. International buyers will pay all shipping and handling charges.
*ATTENTION International Customers! Due to most countries having different regulations, it is the responsibility of international buyers to research his/her country's Customs, VAT, Brokerage, Release, AND OR OTHER Fees imposed by the Government, Postal Service, or Third Party Carrier. The BUYER, not SPOTLIGHT PHOTO, is responsible for any and all of these fees. Also, please include your phone number as it will help expedite your order.
* We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
* You can use a credit card to pay for things on eBay with PayPal even if you do not have a PayPal account. As a PayPal guest you can use your credit card with guest checkout up to 15 times to pay for things on eBay. Please choose PayPal as the payment method and not the credit card option when you go to pay on eBay. If you choose the credit card payment option, please call us at 1-406-381-4939 and we can take your credit card information over the phone.
* If you have any questions, please call us at 1-406-381-4939.
* We will email you an invoice through eBay during our business hours.
* If you need a faster shipping method than is described in the auction, please let us know immediately for faster processing.
* Spotlight Photo typically ships your item WITHIN ONE BUSINESS DAY from receipt of payment.
*Most products are shipped USPS or FedEx. Please understand that USPS packages have delivery confirmation, but this confirmation number is NOT A TRUE TRACKING NUMBER. If you wish to have a tracking number for international purchases, please choose the Express International shipping option.
*THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE!!!