With Dell Pro Support on-site warranty till September 2014
FAST WORLDWIDE UPS SHIPPING - FREE IN EU
Server Type: DELL POWEREDGE R815 2U RACK SERVER
Processor(s): 4 X AMD OPTERON 12 CORE PROCESSORS 6174 2.2GHZ 12MB L3 CACHE
Memory: 256GB MEMORY
Hard Drives: 6 x 146GB SAS 2.5" hot plug drives
Drive Bays: 6 X 2.5 INCH DRIVE BAYS
Optical Drive(s): DVD-ROM DRIVE
Drive Controller: PERC H700 CONTROLLER
Graphics: MATROX G200EW W/ 8MB
Power Supplies: 2 x Power Supplies
Networking: INTEL QUAD GIGABIT ETHERNET
Slots: 6 PCIE G2 SLOTS + 1 STORAGE SLOT: 5 X8 SLOTS, 1 X4 SLOT, 1 X4 STORAGE SLOT
Management: BMC, IMPI2.0 COMPLIANT, IDRAC6 ENTERPRISE
Dimensions: 8.64 X 48.24 X 71.75 CM
Rack Mount rails included
Manufacturers full specification
The PowerEdge™ R815 is an AMD processor-based 4-socket, 2U rack server ideal for customers seeking a combination of value, systems management and performance in virtualisation, database, HPC and other highly threaded application implementations.
Purpose-Built for Reliability
The design of the PowerEdge™ R815 centers on reliability and ease of use, with features ranging from robust, metal-hard drive carriers and embedded diagnostics to an interactive LCD display and industrial-quality materials. The PowerEdge R815 also includes dual internal SD modules to provide failover at the hypervisor level — another reliability feature designed with direct input from Dell customers.
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Systems Management
Along with its adherence to open standards, Dell’s systems-management portfolio focuses on simplicity, efficiency, cost containment and cost reduction. Additionally, we’ve integrated our management solutions with third-party offerings to provide your organization with a holistic focus across the solutions stack.
Integrated on the server, the Lifecycle Controller helps to simplify administrator tasks by performing a comprehensive set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration, and diagnostics in a pre-OS environment—all from a single, intuitive interface called the Unified Server Configurator (USC). This can help eliminate the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
The PowerEdge R815 also features an interactive LCD display positioned on the front of the server for easy setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help users address issues quickly, while a color-based alert screen (blue for normal operation; amber for a problem) simplifies day-to-day monitoring.
Dell’s OpenManage™ systems-management portfolio also includes the Dell Management Console, which is included with every Dell server, and provides IT managers with a consolidated view of their entire IT infrastructure.
- Purpose-built to provide a reliable foundation, and balanced with next-generation AMD processors, advanced memory capacity and energy-efficient technologies, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 offers an ideal combination of value and performance.
- Featuring AMD Opteron™ processor technology, the PowerEdge R815 is designed to handle demanding workloads with outstanding speed, stability, efficiency and bottom-line value. The PowerEdge R815 offers an ideal solution for virtualization, medium to large databases, email, high-performance computing (HPC) environments and other highly threaded applications.
- Dell aims to bring value to your business by including the features you need for your specific IT environment. Our goal is to deliver outstanding performance and value through tailored, intelligent platforms based on industry standards and purposeful, innovative design.
Along with rising energy costs, limitations on space, power and cooling capacity present enormous challenges for IT. PowerEdge servers drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. Our energy-efficient system design, built with Energy Smart technologies, can help to manage power in your specific environment.
Energy-Efficient Interior: The PowerEdge R815 includes efficient high capacity fans that spin in accordance toserver workload demands, helping to reduce unnecessary noise when possible. In addition, the internal shrouding and logical layout of the internal components aids with airflow direction, helping to keep the server cool.
Efficient Power Management: The PowerEdge R815 also includes power-management features such as volt regulators, power-regulating processors and an interactive LCD screen for easy access to power-consumption information. Along with the server’s internal design, these features can simplify and aid in the management of power within your IT environment.
We can supply this server with a different specification to suit your requirements; more or less memory, different or additional hard drives, additional network cards etc. Please contact us for a quote.