50cm(L) x 6cm(W) x 11cm (H)
* Price is for 1 metre TOTAL
- Easy Pest Bird Spikes prevent pigeons from perching on your property.
- Great for most applications.
- Long-lasting polycarbonate provides decades of maintenance-free protection.
- Easy to Install - Attach quickly with Adhesive, nails, screws, wire ties, etc.
- Transparent - Polycarbonate is transparent which is practically invisible.
- Dense - Top branches protrude from the vertical shafts to give impenetrable coverage.
- Flexible - Mounts easily on flat, curved or irregular surfaces.
- Environmentally Friendly - And Non-Lethal. Nothing to rust or deteriorate.
- Economical - Sturdy plastic does the same job as stainless steel at a fraction of the cost.
Material: Polycarbonate base and 304 stainless steel wire
Wire Diameter of Spike: 1.3mm
Length of spike: 11cm
Spike Quantity Per Strip: 40 spikes
Protection Width: 6cm ~ 13cm
Base Size: 50cm(L) x 6cm(W) x 2mm(T)
Bird Species - Pigeons, gulls, starlings
Bird Activity - Day-time perching, night-time roosting and some nesting areas.
Infestation - From light to heavily infested areas.
Substrate - Masonry, Steelwork (stainless and galvanised), lead, PVC, PPC, ceramic tiles, glass
Using a suitable adhesive or clip is critical to increasing life
expectancy. Follow ‘How to Install’ Guidelines to achieve longest
Visibility (wires) - Stainless steel are far less visible than plastic spikes
Visibility (base) - Low profile base (5mm high) will not be seen from the ground level looking upwards
Base Colour - Slightly cloudy clear base blends well with most surfaces irrespective of the surface colour
Speed of Install - Easy Pest Bird Spikes are quicker to install than other bird deterrent systems
Easy Pest Bird Spikes are a versatile range of precision engineered
bird spike designed to provide effective and humane control of
problem urban birds. The upward pointing wires or 'spikes' act as a
physical barrier to the birds without hurting them. The clever design
provides the solution to virtually every situation where bird spikes
are suitable. This reduces the need to carry several different stock
Easy Pest Bird Spikes can be used to protect buildings
against pigeons in a wide variety of situations, from day time
perching to night roosting sites and from the narrowest pipes to the
widest of building ledges.
Stainless steel Easy Pest Bird Spikes have the longest life
expectancy and the use if high tensile strength stainless steel in
particular means birds cannot easily push them out of the way or bend
them out of shape. UV-protection of polycarbonate bases further offers
a valuable safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged
exposure to sunlight. And cleaning-off and priming surfaces to key-in
adhesives and employing adhesives that provide a strong bond
regardless of conditions are also important.
Easy Pest Bird Spikes are far less visible than plastic ones
because they do not reflect sunlight and attract far less dirt,
continuing to remain tidy and unobtrusive over an extended period. Low
profile bases should be specified to reduce visibility from the ground,
with translucent plastic blending well into most building surfaces.
- Ensure all areas are clean, dry and free from bird droppings.
Remember to look up since the source of the mess might be from ledges or
pipes higher up on the building and it is necessary for you to install
the Easy Pest Bird Spikes as well to prevent the droppings, twigs etc.
fall down onto the pigeon spikes.
- Install the Easy Pest Bird Spikes with screws or apply pigeon spike
fixing silicone such as AVISIL Bird Spike Adhesive (10mm) on the base of
- Stick the first row of Easy Pest Bird Spikes towards the front of
the ledge and then press down firmly. For very wide ledges 3 or more
rows of pigeon spikes may be required but it is important to leave no
more than 2 inches (5cm) between rows.
- Easy Pest Bird Spikes can be easily snapped using your fingers. Snap spikes into pieces to finish off rows for small areas.
- If there is a hole in the eaves or a cavity in the exterior wall
behind the Easy Pest Bird Spikes, please block the access to this hole
or space with wire mesh or expanding foam. Prior to blocking the hole,
make ensure that pigeons have not trapped in the recess or any pigeon
squabs or dependent birds found.
- Pigeons will overcome any Easy Pest Bird Spikeson lower parts by
standing on the raised section, therefore, please make sure that the
base of the Easy Pest Bird Spikes are fixed directly onto the top of any
parts of the ledge that may be raised slightly higher than the rest of
- Warn window cleaners, contractors on ladders, scaffolders, painters
etc. to be careful whilst working since a slightly damaged Easy Pest
Bird Spike is likely to provide an ideal roosting or nesting spot for a
pigeon. If any damaged is generated, the Easy Pest Bird Spikes should be
replaced to prevent the pigeons moving back in.