EGYPT Gods Myths & Religion
Author: Lucia Gahlin
Our Special Price
Ancient Egypt was a mystical society with a broad and deep belief in the afterlife and the existence of many gods to appease and worship. Everyday objects and animals were deified and worshipped. Even the kings were considered a divine embodiment of the gods. The tombs, burial sites and artefacts are an enduring testimony to this fascinating religion. Less documented, but no less fascinating, were the beliefs of the ordinary people of Egypt: magic, rituals, festivals, taboos, superstitions, dreams and oracles reveal how far religion influenced and enriched their lives. Finally the book looks at a voice of dissent in the 3000 year period: Pharoah Akhenaten, who defied thousands of years of culture and history to revolutionise Egyptian religion to outlaw Polytheism and allow worship of only one god.
- Why Buy From Us?
- Simple! We offer fast shipping, low prices, friendly service and a range of products that is perfect for the Australian Bibliophile. You're bound to find the product you want, at an awesome price! And better yet, we're based in here in Australia – providing you with all the convenience and safety of dealing with a local company.
- Shipping and Delivery Times!
- We endeavour to keep our shipping costs LOW. Orders for multiple products will be combined at the time of shipping and only one shipping fee will be charged per order. All Deliveries are made via Australia Post from our Gold Coast warehouse. Items are posted daily and your order will be processed within 2 working days. Once the order has shipped, deliveries to major cities generally take 1-5 working days to arrive. Deliveries to all other areas will require customers to allow a longer timeframe as stipulated by AusPost delivery timeframes.
- Additional Questions? Contact Us!
- If you would like to contact us, use the "Ask A Question" link in the "Seller Info" Box on the top right side opposite the picture! Don't hesitiate to get in touch, we look forward to hearing from you!