Producing the ultimate in aerodynamic advantage, Smart Aero Technology has teamed up with ENVE to bring you the pinnacle of wheel design. With a history in Formula One racing, Smart have extensive knowledge and understanding of aerodynamic principles, theory and most importantly application. Based on the doorstep of Mercedes GP Petronas Formula One HQ in Brackley, UK the world of speed and all its facilities is at Smart’s fingertips.
However there is more to Smart than just a design element. The group’s biomechanical history has led to the natural progression into high-performance cycling. The necessary skill, knowledge and passion for high performance cycling componentry have found its perfect partner in ENVE.
As if there were not already enough reason to lust after a set of ENVE wheels, this is a match made in cycling heaven.
There is no shortcut to perfection. It must be tried and tested, over and over, before the ultimate is achieved. That’s why the 3.4s were created from the beginning with in-frame development and then blended with proven aerodynamics. This resulted in optimised stability, lightweight, stiffness and durability, a truly revolutionary wheel design.
The Smart ENVE System optimizes the interface between the frame surfaces and the wheels, creating an integrated system. The front and rear wheels interact differently with the air and the rest of the bicycle. Rim shapes are optimized to allow airflow to stay attached at higher yaw angles, thus reducing drag and improving ride performance.
• The front wheel is wider and shallower to improve stability and reduce drag in any wind condition.
• The rear wheel is deeper to reduce drag where stability is less affected.
• Wheels were tested on multiple frame designs in order to produce the maximum drag reduction. The result is a wheel system, which handles predictably, and displays superior drag results when installed in multiple bicycle frame designs.
Steering feedback in variable conditions needs to be predictable to have total handling confidence. Less predictable wheels have a non-linear steering response, resulting in erratic and unpredictable handling in unsteady conditions. The shape of the Smart ENVE System rim is optimized to ensure even and predictable airflow attachment. What the rider experiences is a balanced build up of side force as the angle of crosswind changes. This allows the rider to accurately predict the handling mannerisms of the wheel and avoid dangerous over correction cycles.
• The focus on steering stability resulted in improved handling and confidence in varying crosswinds.
• Therefore, the wheel shape was optimized to produce a predictable and linear response.
• The target stability gradient was 1.0.
Strong, stiff, light – the ENVE process
ENVE is renowned for developing the strongest, stiffest and lightest rims on the market. This durability is proven across all disciplines of the sport including being the first and only carbon wheel to podium at World Cup DH events. All ENVE products, including the Smart ENVE System, share this advanced manufacturing technology. These technologies involve
• Highest strength to weight ratio in the industry.
• Proprietary molded in spoke hole technology.
• Textured braking surface allowing for a more positive engagement and better braking in wet conditions.
• Hubs: Chris King R45
• Weight (Rims): 458g / 464g
• Weight (Total): 1467g
• Depth: (f/r): 35mm/45mm
• Outer Rim Width (f/r): 26mm/24mm
• Spoke Count (f/r): 20/24
• ERD: 584/564
• Finish: Unidirectional
• Maximum Clincher Tyre Pressure: 125 PSI
• For optimal aerodynamics use 23mm tyres with the SES system
• For Shimano/SRAM cassettes
• Includes Valve extensions, QR skewers and pads
Orders ship via Post or Courier within 24 hours of us receiving payment (excluding weekends & public holidays in Qld). Please be aware that delivery times are dependent on your location and distance from our distribution centre in Brisbane.
For delivery within Australia please allow an estimated 2 - 7 Business Days from the day we receive payment for your order to arrive. For International delivery please allow an estimated 7 - 28 Business Days from the day we receive payment for your order to arrive.
All items are securely packed in protective mailers or cartons. We do not ship to some international locations, see Postage & Payments tab for excluded countries.
We accept the following forms of payment.
- Visa, Mastercard, Diners, Amex
- Bank Deposit.
- Australia Money Order/Cheque.
- We cannot offer pick ups.
Contact us for a return authorisation prior to returning the item.
Got questions about our products or service?
Call our customer service team who know all
about our products and can help you out.
Phone: 1300 739 896 (excludes public holidays).
Got a question that you would like to email us, or want to leave a comment about our products or service? Email our customer service team today or use the contact form below
Pushys Online Customer Service Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 5:30pm (QLD Time)
Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm (QLD Time)
Pushys is Australia’s leading Online Bike Retailer selling top brand Road, Mountain and BMX Bikes, Scooters and Accessories with unequalled knowledge and skills in the local market.
What we do:
- Offer all products at the best price possible.
- Sell only quality brands from authorised local distributors with full Australian warranty support.
- Stock all the 15,000+ range of products in our Brisbane distribution centre.
- Offer you the best possible customer service experience with highly skilled and knowledgeable staff always ready to answer your questions.
- Give a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you have a problem we'll fix it!
**Online pricing and stock range availability may be different from the stores.