Tear Stain Remover White Powder
4 oz Bottle
Works Great for Both Dogs and Cats!
We use this product regularly on our 4 Maltese dogs to keep their faces clean and white. You can see their photo on our About Me page.
Eye Envy powder is part of the Eye Envy NR Tear Stain Remover system. After cleaning with the Eye Envy NR solution (sold separately), apply the powder to help keep the tear-stained area clean and dry and prevent future stains. Eye Envy is also available in a starter kit, which contains everything you need to get started (solution, powder, application pads, and instructions).
Eye Envy is an externally applied tearstain remover that truly works! Eye Envy is a proven formula being used by Breeders, Groomers, and Veterinarians alike as a safe and effective means of removing tear staining. It is also effective in treating urine stains, red yeast infections, and food stains. Whether you are preparing for competition or just maintaining your pet's quality appearance, Eye Envy is an international pet grooming aid of choice.
This product can be used on puppies and all dog breeds, including: American Bulldog, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Brittany, Brussel Griffon, Chihuahua, Chinese Crested, Cocker Spaniel, Coton de Tulear, French Bulldog, Havanese, Japanese Chin, King Charles Cavaliers, Lhapsa Apso, Maltese, Papillon, Pekingese, Pomeranian, Poodle, Pug, Saint Bernard, Schnauzer, Sharpei, Shih Tzu, Silky Terrier, Springer Spaniel, Westies, and more...
To see our complete selection of pet products
Frequently Asked Questions about the Eye Envy System
Q: What causes excessive tearing and staining:
A: Staining can be caused by a variety of things:
- Clogged or Shallow Tear Ducts: Studies indicate that 20-25% of small dogs and cats are born with closed of shallow tear ducts. Tears overflow because the eyelid space is not deep enough to contain them.
- Excessive Tearing: When the face hair is wet from excessive tearing, it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast infections (AKA: Red Yeast, which causes deep reddish-brown stains); Low grade bacteria infections may also cause excessive tearing.
- Cutting Teeth: Cutting teeth may cause changes in the head & mouth structure of your pet, placing pressure on the tear ducts.
- Irritation & Allergies: Some animals get hair or eyelashes into their eyes causing irritation. Many breeds are susceptible to allergies. Shampoos and other chemicals can also irritate their eyes. Some foods cause allergic reactions; animals may also build an allergic reaction over time to a type of food.
- Water: Water with high mineral levels causes staining
- Food & Treats: Diet can play a significant role in tearing. Many commercial foods contain additives, preservatives and food coloring. This could lead to staining.
- Fleas: Fleas survive in moisture, which they get from the eye or mouth area. This could cause irritation and in addition red stains left behind may be from flea feces. These are just a few reasons. There are MANY more!!
Q: Why is Eye Envy so different than all the other products that I've bought and don't work?
A: Eye Envy works at the true problem, a bacterial infection. Eye Envy contains a cleanser, an astringent (to dry the area) and herbal flower extract (acts as a natural antibiotic) and an antibacterial. Eye Envy is a topical tear stain remover. Other products are often masked as palatable supplements, taking months to work and requiring your pet to ingest antibiotics (e.g. tylan, tylosin as tartrate).
Q: What if I've used bleach or peroxide to clean the area around the eyes?
A: Bleach/Peroxide make the hair shaft very pourous, causing the stain to set into the hair. Eye Envy will only lighten the areas previously damaged by bleach or peroxide, but all regrowth will be clean.
PLEASE do not use peroxide, bleach or woolite on your animals.
Q: Is Eye Envy safe to use on my pregnant dog or cat?
A: Yes. Since Eye Envy is applied externally, it is 100% safe to use on pregnant, lactating and even small kittens (over the age of 7 weeks).
Q: Should Eye Envy be refrigerated?
A: Eye Envy NR does not require refrigeration. Once opened, Eye Envy NR will last approximately 6-9 months at room temperature.
Q: Is Eye Envy applied inside the eyes?
A: No. Eye Envy is to be applied externally only.
Q: What happens if a small amount gets into my pets eyes?
A: There is nothing to worry about is some solution gets into your pets eyes. The ingredients are safe and have been tested.
Q: How many pads come in a jar?
A: There are approximately 28-30 pads per jar. Our pads are made of special material to avoid any "fuzz" from getting into your pets eyes.
Q: Can I use Eye Envy on my dog/cats legs, tail, mouth area? Is it safe?
A: Yes. The ingredients will not harm your animal. Also, EE can be used for chin acne and urine stains.
Q: I have a white dog, do you recommend the powder?
A: Yes! With any white animals it is recommended to use both the solution and the powder.
Q: Does Eye Envy fade/bleach colored animals?
A: No. The produt does not contain any peroxides or bleaching agents. Your pets hair will not discolor.