FERAL CAT TRAP
Open Size: 24cm (W) x 66cm (L) x 26cm (H)
HOW TO GET RID OF FERAL CATS?
This Feral Cat Trap offers effective solutions for
humanely trapping troublesome possums. Our Feral Cat Trap is safe for
both humans and cats, and are quickly becoming the most trusted name in
pest control solutions. All Feral Cat Traps are built to tough,
professional standards and offer the highest quality features
- Open Size: 24cm (W) x 66cm (L) x 26cm (H)
- Safely captures troublesome feral cats without injury
- Extremely simple baiting and operation
- Unfolds in minutes - no tools required
- Easy to bait, set and release
- Double-wire mesh surrounding bait area
- Super strong, gravity action door
- Extra wide, shielded handle for safe moving of possum during transportation
- Made from durable galvanised wire with a matte finish for extra strength and corrosion resistance
INSTRUCTIONS TO ASSEMBLE THE FERAL CAT TRAP
The Feral Cat Trap arrives ready for immediate use. Our focus is to
provide you a way to catch, transport and release your possums, while
keeping you and your unwanted possums safe. The most effective way to
get rid of possums.
- Remove the cable ties holding the trap closed.
- Holding the handle on the top of the trap, slowly pull up the trap
allowing it to fall into place. The rear door should be pushed down
and back at the rear of the trap.
- Pull down the two sets of 'U' shaped support arms and fix them into
the fixing clips located on each side of the trap. If you find the
support arms do not stay firmly in the fixing clips, use your fingers
or pliers to squeeze the fixing clips closed to secure the support arms.
- The traps should now be ready to connect the trap door to the foot plate.
- The curled bottom end of the Trip Plate Rod should be connected to the Trip Plate.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SET THE FERAL CAT TRAP
- Place the trap on a flat even surface. If possible place the trap
against a wall or building or in a path commonly used by the animal.
- The trap can be baited by opening the rear door and placing food
about 2-3cm from the rear door. Do not place bait on the trip plate.
Place the bait in a position that will force the animal to step on the
Trip Plate. Once the bait is set, the rear door can be closed and the
wire lock (Small square 'U' shaped wire) can be inserted through the
designated holes and door rings to ensure the door doesn't open. The
hook on the end of the lock should be hooked over the trap mesh to
secure the lock.
- Pull up the trap door by squeezing down the door lock frame with
your thumb and at the same time pulling up the trap door using the door
handle on the spring system.
- Holding up the trap door with one hand, slide the trap door hook
(J-hook mechanism) under the bar of the trap door to hold the trap door
up in place.
- The trap is now ready for use.
- It is often beneficial to camouflage the trap with materials
normally found in the trapping area such as vegetation, sack cloth,
boxes etc. If camouflaging / hiding the trap ensure materials do not
interfere with the operation of the trap parts.
- Check the trap regularly to ensure trapped animals are in good condition.
WARNING: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING REGARDING THE TRAPPING OF CATS
Notice distributed by the RSPCA
becomes necessary to trap a cat then the following procedures should be
carefully followed to ensure the cat is treated humanely.
Any ill-treatment of cats may be an offence under the Animal Welfare Act and be subject to prosecution.
1. Use only approved cage traps. Do not use leg-hold or body-grip traps or snares.
2. Ensure the cage is suitably covered to provide any contained cats with protection from the elements.
3. Ensure the cage is regularly checked (at least twice per day) so that caught cats are not caged for extended periods.
4. Check any caught cats for identification and contact the owner.
Some cats may be identified with a microchip; which can only be read
with a scanner – available at most vets and Council / Shire Rangers.
5. If the cat is not identified endeavour to locate the owner by doorknocking / letterbox drops in your local area.
If the owner cannot be located then endeavour to rehome the cat (eg.
advertise, contact Cat Haven, contact RSPCA, check your local vet).
7. Ensure that any caught cats are provided with sufficient food and water.
8. Any lactating cat caught in a trap should be released, unless the kittens can also be located and removed as well.
9. In the event the cat needs to be destroyed then take it to your local vet for humane euthanasia.
not destroy the cat yourself – as techniques such as striking or
drowning are unacceptable and may constitute an offence under the Animal
If in doubt – contact the RSPCA for further advice http://www.rspca.org.au/contact-us
Check out our other ANIMAL TRAPS:
FREE Pick up also available from our warehouse in CARINGBAH, Sydney. GENERAL FAQ
NO PO BOXES - PLEASE PROVIDE PHYSICAL ADDRESS FOR DELIVERY
YES - We COMBINE POSTAGE! Please ask us to modify the invoice before you pay!!
Who are We?
Easy Pest Supplies are Australia's premier online supplier of professional DIY 'Do It Yourself' pest control products. Easy Pest Supplies
is a Sydney based company which has been selling pest control products
since 2010. We were established after identifying a need in the market
to be able to offer people the same high quality products we used in
our services, at a fraction of the price.
Are your products the same quality that the professionals use?
products are of the highest quality and are regularly used in the
pest control industry. Now you too can get the same results as the
professionals whilst saving money! Save money and do it yourself with
Easy Pest Supplies.
Where do I find the Materials Safety Data Sheets?
Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) / Product Labels are supplied as a label
reference guide for the products sold by Easy Pest Supplies. Materials
Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) / Product Labels are linked on each product
page as a *PDF downloadable attachment. Please download and print these
upon purchase. AS LABELS ARE ALWAYS SUBJECT TO REVISION, ALWAYS
CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW THE LABEL DIRECTIONS ON THE CONTAINER.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payment methods - Paypal, Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) Bank Deposit & Cheque
What if I am after a product which is not on your store?
Us!! We will do our best to source the products you are after. If
you don't see what you need, we'll source it. Want more than one item
and need a better price? Just ask!
Do you deliver to PO Boxes?
we are not able to deliver to POST OFFICE BOXES. If you place an order
with a PO Box listed for delivery, we will email you to supply an
Do we ship overseas?
Unfortunately, we do not ship items outside of Australia at this point in time.
How long will delivery take?
2-5 business days for delivery depending upon where you are located in
Australia. Please note this is just an estimate and we can not be
held responsible for delays with Couriers or Australia Post once the
package is out of our hands.
What courier do you use?
use a courier of our choice for most parcels. We may also use
Australia Post only if the parcel is small enough to fit into a 500g
satchel or envelope and not considered dangerous goods.
Can you deliver to my work address?
we can deliver to your place of work. Please ensure to include the
Business Name in the shipping of your order so the delivery driver can
find you easily.
Can I pick up my item from you?
Yes, we offer local pick up. The pick up location is 17/70-72 Captain Cook Drive CARINGBAH NSW 2229 (Monday to Friday ONLY). Please call us on 1300 667 664 or email after your purchase to arrange a suitable time.
Do you accept returns?
We will accept returns for faulty or damaged items. We do not refund for change of mind purchases. We will not refund the Delivery Fee where the products have been delivered to you.
What if a product is damaged on delivery?
must check any products delivered to you to determine if it is
damaged. If a product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to
take receipt of that product and email us. If you
notice damage to a product after delivery, or if it has been
incorrectly shipped, you should notify us as soon as possible. Upon
return of faulty goods, our returns department will assess and forward
on to the manufacturer. If the item is being repaired, we will inform by
email the estimated date of completion. The repaired item will then be
posted back to you free of charge. If the item is being refunded, we
will process this as usual, ensuring to have your refund as quickly as
possible after assessment.
How will my refund be processed?
Method of refund will be in the same format as payment was made. (eg credit card, paypal etc)