February 1945. Even as victory in Europe was finally within reach, the war in the Pacific raged on. One of the most crucial and bloodiest battles was the struggle for the island of Iwo Jima, which culminated with what would become one of the most iconic images in history: five Marines and a Navy corpsman raising the American flag on Mount Suribachi.
The inspiring photo capturing that moment became a symbol of victory to a nation that had grown weary of war and made instant heroes of the six American soldiers at the base of the flag, some of who would die soon after, never knowing that they had been immortalised. But the surviving flag raisers had no interest in being held up as symbols and did not consider themselves heroes; they wanted only to stay on the front with their brothers in arms who were fighting and dying without fanfare or glory.
Flags of Our Fathers is followed by Letters From Iwo Jima, which portrays the Japanese side of the conflict.
* An Introduction by Clint Eastwood
* Words on the Page - Clint Eastwood along with screenwriters Paul Haggis, William Broyles and writer James Bradley discuss the creation of the book and the adaptation of the script, along with the challenges and victories each possessed.
* Six Brave Men - Clint Eastwood and the key cast members introduce us to the real- life characters portrayed in the film; including their roles in the historic events and their relationships to one another.
* The Making of an Epic - Led by Clint Eastwood, we take an inside look at the creation of the film with many of the key players involve d, including the production design with Henry Bumstead; the photography with Tom Stern; editorial with Joel Cox; and the rest of the team that brought this epic film together.
* Raising the Flag - Clint Eastwood and key cast members discuss reenacting the historic flag-raising on Iwo Jima.
* Visual Effects - The visual effects team (including visual effects supervisor Michael Owens, and Julian Levi and Mathew Butler of Digital Domain) discusses the approach and creation of the “invisible” digital effects in the film, including before and after examples, as well as the various steps taken to realize them.
* Looking into the Past - A documentary, real- life look at the battle, the two flag raisings at Iwo Jima and the resulting bond tour, using historical footage and newsreels.
* Theatrical Trailer
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FIND MORE GREAT CD'S AND DVD'S FOR SALE, ALL AT BARGAIN PRICES!
THE QUALITY RATING DESCRIPTION IS FOR THE DISC ONLY, NOT FOR THE CASE OR THE COVERS, HOWEVER THEY WILL BE IN GENERAL GOOD CONDITION, NOT BROKEN OR CRACKED UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE. SOME CASES MAY HAVE MARKS WHERE THE STICKERS HAVE BEEN.
FAIR - Disc has substantial surface wear and tear markings, but plays perfectly
FAIR TO GOOD - Disc has some moderate surface wear and tear.
GOOD - In general good condition, minimal wear.
VERY GOOD - Not far from excellent condition, very minor marks
EXCELLENT - Disc as new or very close to.
NEW - Disc, case & inserts brand new, however there can be some very minor shelf wear on some cases.
Click here for more bargains!!!!
We guarantee all the cd's we sell play perfectly, however if you have any problems with an item we are happy to refund the money to you for the item cost. Contact must be made within 3 days from receiving item to arrange return of item and refund, please email us if there are any problems.
Once you receive item and are happy, positive feedback is appreciated, once feedback is received we will always leave feedback as well .If there are any problems please contact us first.
All items are well packaged ,but we can accept no responsibility for items lost or damaged in the mail, registered (insured) mail is available through checkout
All items are posted within 2 to 24 hours of payment being received (excluding weekends and Qld public holidays) .If paying by bank deposit payment can take up to 2 days to process, echeques can take from 5 to 7 days to clear.
If you wish to purchase multiple items please wait until we send invoice before paying as we will combine items to make postage cheaper for you.
* INTERNATIONAL BUYERS*
Happy to send overseas but can accept paypal only.
"THANKS FOR VISITING"