ENGINE WATCHDOG TM1(NEW MODEL)
(((AUDIBLE))) Engine Temperature & Low Oil Pressure Protection Alarm
TM1 displays your true engine temperature and alarms with a Light, Loud Buzzer& Display Messages if an overheating or low oil pressure emergency threatens your engine.
TM1 detects ALL the causes of engine overheating, not just coolant loss. These include:- Leaking hoses - Split radiators - Faulty radiator caps - Sticky thermostats - Water pump failure - Coolant blockages - Air flow restrictions - Oil system problems
Engine Watchdog prides itself on market innovation so the new model TM1 Engine Temperature Alarm has many features not seen in previous models.
New features include:
1. A modern back-lit LCD display that is very easy to read in bright sunlight or at night. The back lighting is neutral white so it blends in with both old and new dash boards alike.
2. The unit displays 10 different information and warning messages so you will always know exactly what’s going on.
3. To make setting the alarm temperature easier the new TM1 records the highest temperature the engine reaches.
4. The temperature in the alarm memory briefly displays each time you start up so you know if it has been altered.
5. If using the optional OIL ALARM feature the buzzer is inhibited for 10 seconds to give you time to start the engine without it alarming. NOTE. If you do not use the oil alarm feature the delay period and "DELAY ON" message will be bypassed.
6. Water resistant front as standard.
Plus This unit comes in a version that can also control the ON & OFF temperatures of an electric cooling fan (see TM4 with cool fan).
A TWO Senor version for alarming both the Engine & Transmission temperatures is also available (Search TM4 twin).
To see more technical information and why Engine Watchdogs are used by professional racing teams, see below
ENGINE WATCHDOG TM1 includes the electronic 'Easy Fit' heat sensor, Installation kit and simple fitting instructions.
Plus, you get FREE POSTAGE & FREE OPTIONS. See the free options list below
For professional quality engine protection, order your ((( AUDIBLE))) Engine Watchdog TM1 today for only AU$149
(That’s at least a $5,000 saving on most engine rebuilds)
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, enginewatchdog09 is the official factory eBay site for Engine Watchdog (since 1982)
The TM1 is not a 'throw away' item, it will give a life time of service and replacement parts are inexpensive and freely available.
Please phone 07- 32776770 for additional information about this product or if you want to pay using a Visa or MasterCard.
Buy Australian & get Fully Warranty now and in the future (we're just a phone call away)
The Engine Watchdog TM1 is used by professional racing teams for good reason –
-TM1 uses the most reliable monitoring method
All engines radiate heat to their outer casing at a constant rate (air cooled engines depend on it).The TM1’s electronic ‘Easy Fit’ heat sensor simply fits like a washer under any suitable bolt that is close to the cylinder head or engine block. Here it accurately monitors the engines metal temperature and if overheating is detected for any reason, the TM1 alarms with an alarm light, loud buzzer and ‘Engine Hot’ message.
-The TM1 tells you exactly what’s going on under the bonnet
Many factory fit gauges indicate normal after you drive just a few kilometres and then do not alter on even the hottest days. Obviously the engine temperature is constantly altering as you drive in varying traffic and road conditions, yet the gauge is not responding. This is because they have a 'flat spot' around the normal mark and will not move until something is very wrong, often once it is too late. The TM1 has the sensitivity required to display every temperature change as it occurs and in an emergency will alert you before your existing dash gauge has even moved.
-TM1 comes standard with the option to turn your existing dash oil light, into an ‘Audible Warning Light’
If this optional wire is tagged to the engine’s Oil Light Sender new messages will display on the screen. The new messages are ‘Engine Delay', this gives you time to start the engine before the audible oil alarm activates. The ‘Low Oil’ message and the alarm buzzer will active instantly if low oil pressure is detected while you are driving. (Not suitable for oil gauge sensors. If you want this feature and only have an oil gauge, you will need to fit an inexpensive car type Oil Light Sender).
-You can program theTM1’s alarm sensitivity to suit your engine
With a TM1 you don't even need to know your engine's temperature specifications to set the overheating alarm. You simply note the highest temperature your engine reaches during normal driving or interrogate its memoryand then set the audible alarm to go off at a few degrees higher by pressing the button on the front. You get to set the alarm sensitivity and it's no harder than setting an alarm clock.
If the alarm goes off while the engine is working hard, you can simply press the front button to stop the alarm, or give it another press to increase the alarm temperature.
-The TM1 is very easy to fit
TM1’s can be fitted by any home handyman. The main unit fits under the dash (Compact size - 80 x 30 x 60 mm, plus mounting tabs). The ‘Easy Fit’ temperature sensor takes a few seconds to bolt to the engine. The power just plugs into the cigarette lighter socket or it can be hard wired. TM1 suits 12 or 24 volt systems.
For pictures and more installation details go to: http://www.enginewatchdog.com/tm1%20installation.html
-The TM1’s sensor cannot cause coolant leaks or void the engine’s warranty
The TM1 is perfectly safe to fit because it does not require you to break into the cooling system in any way.
NOTE. The following options are free, but we must be advised prior to shipment by an email or a note in Paypal.
1. FAHRENHEIT UNIT USA & Canadian Customers – The TM1 can be switched to read in Fahrenheit, Specify Model 'TM1F' when ordering (reads in two degree increments from 34 to 255 degrees F) Please Note - All TM1's sent to the USA will be TM1F units unless otherwise specified. Canadian customers should still specify the model required.
2. LID WITHOUT MOUNTING TABS The top lid of standard units comes with mounting tabs at each end for under dash mounting. If you want a lid WITHOUT mounting tabs, specify ‘no mounting tabs’. Unit will need to be stuck down.
3. LONGER SENSOR LEADS The standard sensor wire length is 4m (12ft). Please specify the length you require up to 6 metres (20ft). If over 6 metres there is a small surcharge, please contact Engine Watchdog on 07-32776770.
4. WATER RESISTANT FRONT Standard on all TM1 units.
TM1 Specifications and Features:
LCD display with automatic white back light.
Unit displays 10 different alarm and information messages.
Unit alarms using an inbuilt 85 db buzzer, indicator light and display messages.
The temperature in the alarm memory briefly displays each time you start up so you know if it has been altered.
Suits all water or air-cooled engines.
Suits 12 or 24 volt DC systems and is fully reverse polarity protected. Power consumption is only 15 mA with no alarms on.
Compact size: Less mounting tabs 80 x 30 x 60mm (3.2” x 1.2” x2.4”)
TM1: Maximum display temperature is 125 degrees C. The alarm is set in one degree increments from 1 to 125C.
TM1 F: Maximum display temperature is 255 degrees F. The alarm is set in two degree increments from 34 to 255F.
Standard sensor wire length is 4m (12ft) or they can be ordered to size for long vehicles.
Warranty - 2 years from date of purchase.