Charity Auction - 100% of proceeds from this sale go to Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation.
Join the the news team for a week of work experience and go behind the scenes of Nine News.
Nine News is the national news service of the Nine Network. Nine broadcasts more hours of News and Current Affairs than any other Australian Commercial TV Network.
Generously donated by
Tune in to Gold Telethon, on the Queen’s Birthday long weekend, Monday 9th June 2014, broadcast live on Channel Nine, WIN and NBN and help make a difference to the lives of sick and injured children!
Gold Telethon is the major annual fundraising event for Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick. It raises funds to buy life-saving equipment, fund research and deliver vital services to help our young patients. During May, Gold fundraising events are held across NSW and the ACT, in homes, schools and workplaces. People can also choose to attend one of our official Gold Events in prominent restaurants across Sydney and surrounds.
All these lead up to the grand finale of an all-day live Telethon broadcast on Channel Nine, NBN and WIN featuring our favourite Channel Nine personalities, inspiring stories from Hospital families and staff, a live studio audience and performances by some of Australia’s top music acts. In 2013, thanks to your generosity, Gold Telethon raised an impressive $4.02 million for the Hospital!
In 2014 we want to raise $4.5 million, will you help us reach our goal?
Bidder Prequalification may be required for bidding activity over $1000. The verification process is in place to protect the charity and all bidders from inflated, non-genuine bidding. Avoid disappointment and register early on the secure site:
Terms and Conditions
- The item for sale ("Sale Item") consists of a voucher for one person to participate in work experience behind the scenes of Nine News as more particularly described above. ("Experience").
- The Promoter's decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not to accept bids from any participant.
- This auction listing may be restricted to prequalified bidders only. Bidder Prequalification is a security verification measure given the high profile nature of this auction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject requests to bid or cancel already approved bids at its sole discretion. The Promoter may also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on the ability to make payment as well as request a deposit via PayPal or credit card before being allowed to bid/continue bidding, regardless of eBay feedback history.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- The winning bidder must make payment for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit within three (3) working days of the auction.
- A voucher for the Sale Item will be sent to the winning bidder after the payment is cleared. ("Voucher") The voucher is valid until 30 June 2015.
- The Buyer must call Nine News immediately after receipt of the Voucher to schedule the Experience at a mutually agreed upon date subject to the Nine News programming schedule.
- The experience will take place at the Channel Nine studios in Willoughby, NSW.
- The minimum age for the Participant is 16 years.
- The Participant is expected to wear smart casual clothing and conduct themselves appropriately when attending the experience. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must. The Participant may take a photo and/or bring something small to be signed by the Nine News team.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute a Sale Item of equal or greater value.
- All proceeds from this auction will be donated to Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation.
- The Provider reserves the right to ask the Participant to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at or prior to the time of redemption of the Experience. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Provider.
- No compensation will be payable if the Participant is unable to participate in the Experience as stated and provided.
- If for any reason the Participant does not take the Experience at the time stipulated by the Provider, then the Experience will be forfeited by the Participant and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Experience. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Experience or any element thereof for an experience of comparable value.
- The Provider reserves the right to ask the Participant to sign a release as a condition of participating in the Experience.
- The Participant is responsible for all expenses not stated including, without limitation, flights, accommodation, meals, parking fees, surcharges, spending money, incidentals, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs
- All elements of the Experience are subject to availability with no cash alternative and the experience is not able to be refunded or resold.
- The Participant cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the Experience (in whole or in part).
- By participating in the Experience, The Participant accepts full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Experience and holds the Provider and Promoter harmless from any loss, injury, damage, cost, liability or expense suffered or incurred by a participant in connection with participating in the Experience.
- Except as required by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or nominee) participating in the Sale Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- The Promoter of the Sale Item is Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation ("Promoter") (ABN 72003073185) of 19 Eurimbla Ave, Randwick, NSW.
The Provider of the Sale Item is Nine Entertainment Co. (ABN 59 122 205 065. ("Provider").
- Bid For Good (ABN 96 984 486 617) ("Bid For Good") is the Promoter's agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the experience listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the experience listed. View Bid For Good's letter of endorsement for this auction.
Managed by Bid For Good