- Handspun Rug:
- Rug Dye Type:
- Aniline Dye (commercial wool)
- Rug Pattern:
- Navajo Rug Period:
- Modern (Post 1950)
- Warp Count (Loom string count):
- 20 per inch
- Weft Count (Yarn string count):
- 20 per inch
- 19 inches
- 19 inches
- Grace Lee, Navajo Picrorial Two Hogans, Handwoven, 19" x 19" - offered at $270.00:
Traders like JB Moore would be the first to introduce the art of the Navajo to collectors back east, but it was rugs (not silver) that first captured the imaginations collectors and decorators. Following Moore's suit, other traders would begin to market Navajo weaving, even influencing many of the well-known styles. Today styles are not defined by regions, but perfected by dedicated weavers from all parts of the Navajo Nations. We have put together a large collection of rugs on our online Trading Post and hope you take time to look through them all. Hopefully, you will find the perfect rug.
Storytelling is part of the Navajo culture. No history text had been written until the Europeans showed up, everything was passed down orally and through art. You will find storytelling in silver , basket weaving and other forms of art. That also holds true for rug weavings, where pictures and symbols tell the contemporary and traditional past of the Navajo people. Enjoy looking through our collection of pictorial rugs, some fascinating creations.
visit Our forum
Discussions about authenticity, show & tell, and cooperative research of all kinds!Visit forum
Shipping & Returns
- We ship everyday Monday through Friday via USPS Priority Mail. Your order will shipped within 48 hours from order received. We charge shipping and handling for each package sent that includes insurance coverage.
- Returns Policy
- With every purchase we allow for a provisional fourteen (14) day inspection period. If for any reason you do not want to keep an item that you have purchased, simply return the item in original condition within fourteen (14) days of receipt. Return shipping not included.
We are extremely reasonable, but the inspection offer is provisional--exclusively at our option. This is a service that most companies would only offer to established account customers. Each of our pieces is unique and carefully photographed. If we feel that the returned piece is in any way damaged, or different than the piece that we originally sent, we will return the item to you and no refund will be offered or made.
These policies are in place because we are an internet company and must protect ourselves against fraud. If you are a regular customer, lets just say, we will be much more generous. Thanks for doing business with Perry Null Trading Co!
- Cancellation Policy
- If you need to cancel an order, call us immediately. We can cancel an order at no charge before it is shipped.
Please make sure that you are satisfied with your order before proceeding to checkout. We cannot combine or add to any order once checkout has been completed.