Please read this policy completely before returning an item. This Returns policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault for example if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Please include a note with your return with your name and address to help us speed up the process.
We want you to be completely satisfied every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items.
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of these items within a period of 7 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered.
This applies to all of our products. However, we regret that we cannot accept returns where the item has been unsealed. Otherwise, we can accept returns of complete product, which is unused and in an "as new" condition together with any free gifts or similar.
Your Right To Cancel
You do not have to give any reason for cancellation. However, a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future.
- You must advise us your intent to cancel in writing (email preferred) within 7 working days of the date of delivery.
- We will reply within 1 working day to advise the returns process and address. Please do not return the item until you have heard from us.
- Goods will be refunded within 30 days. If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
- You are responsible for return shipping costs and insurance.
- No refund will be given on the original postage paid.
If for any reason you need to return an item please first read the below important information:
A lot of the products we sell are proper hobby models and it is normal for beginners to sometimes struggle when using for the first time and therefore think there may be a problem with the product. With a little help and advice a lot of beginners who thought they may have a problem actually find they were just making a simple mistake and that their model is in perfect working order.
1. Items returned as new for a refund will be refunded in full less our original p&p costs unless cancelled within the 7 day cancellation period as described in our main terms. For most models this is £10 and for spare parts this will be the p&p that you originally paid.
2. Items returned as new for a refund must be packaged carefully so that the original packaging is also as new. There may be a charge if an item is returned with a tatty box.
3. If an item is being returned as faulty and we find the item is faulty then we can refund your return postage costs up to £10. Pleaseship the items back in the most econimical way to keep the costs down.There are several websites that offer very competative rates.
4. If an item is returned as faulty but we find that the item is in fact not faulty and that the problem is down to user error etc then there would be a charge if you want us to carry out any work for you. With most models this is a £15 labour fee plus the cost of any parts used and a £10 return postage fee. If you do not wish for us to carry out any work for you then you would only need to pay the return P&P
5. ukrctoys employs a team of highly experienced model engineers. All decisions of our engineers is final. We ourselves have warranty on all our products from our suppliers so have no reason to be biased with warranty issues.
6.When returning an Item you will be required to print off our returns form and include this with the returned item on the box.Any items that do not have this will be rejected
What is not covered:
Normal wear and tear caused by use in accordance with the operating instructions e.g. blades, brushes, belts, bulbs, batteries etc.
Accidental damage, faults caused by: improper use, abnormal environmental conditions, overloading, insufficient maintenance, careless operation or handling of the product.
Use of the product for anything other than normal domestic purposes.
Change or modification of the product in any way.
Defects caused by the use of parts or accessories which are not Manufacturer genuine components.
Faulty installation if applicable.
Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than ukrctoys or its authorised repair agents.
Claims, other than the right to correction of faults with the product covered by these conditions.
Slight deviations from the specification that do not affect the functionality of the product.
If you have received an incorrect product please accept our sincere apologies and let us know asap by email. We will arrange to advise our freepost returns address and send a replacement as soon as possible. It is important that you describe the product you have received so that we can send the correctly sized Freepost returns package and correct our stock holdings and avoid another buyer being disappointed.
Item Not Received
Please be aware that we do not offer refunds for items not received unless we are out of stock of that item. Where an item is lost during delivery we will dispatch a replacement product following confirmation from you that you have made some simple checks with your local Royal Mail delivery office.
The above policies do not affect your statutory rights.
Please ensure that your return is made via an insured and tracked service in case of loss or damage in transit.
In addition to the Distance Selling Regulations, you can return any item within 7 days of receipt for a refund of that item.
In all cases, the items returned must be in their original condition, which includes any packaging.
All goods will be inspected on return.
The goods are your responsibility until they reach our Warehouse. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes.
No refund is issued on any shipping for unwanted items