BOGAARD TURBO TIMERS BEST NAME BEST BRAND
This listing it to suit the Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series Wagon
4 Speed Automatic
Direct Plug in style
DON’T GET CAUGHT OUT USING AN INFERIOR TURBO TIMER
BUY THE BEST AND THE MOST RELIABLE TURBO TIMER ON THE MARKET
What is a Turbocharger ?
- A turbocharger is a combination Turbine & Compressor joined by a common shaft.
- Super-hot exhaust gases from the engine pass through the Turbine, causing it (and the Compressor) to spin at high speeds.
- The Compressor draws air through the air cleaner, compresses and feeds it to the engine for mixing with fuel.
- The result of these events is greater volumes of air/fuel mixture entering the cylinders.
- The engine, as a direct result, delivers considerably more power and torque than an identical capacity engine taking in air at normal atmospheric pressure.
Why Turbochargers Need Protection
- The waste gases which drive the Turbine come direct from the combustion chambers via the exhaust manifold at temperatures which can lift the Turbine to over 700º C.
- The Turbine spins at up to 100,000 RPM.
- The Turbo shaft and bearings and the oil which lubricates them must withstand these conditions on a daily basis for long periods at a time.
- At switch-off, Turbo temperature is high & lubrication to the bearings stops instantly.
- Unless special precautions are taken, this may result in thermal distortions, the varnishing of oil on the shaft and bearings and premature Turbo failure.
How to Protect your Turbocharger
Turbo engine manufacturers recommend that, after a brisk run, their engines be idled for a few minutes to allow the Turbocharger to slow down, cool and normalise while maintaining a flow of fresh engine oil to its bearings. This routine, if followed at every switch-off, will extend Turbo life and significantly reduce the likelihood of premature Turbocharger failure.
Automatic Turbo Protection
The most popular and foolproof method of guaranteeing that the engine manufacturer’s recommendation is carried out every time you switch off is to fit a Bogaard Turbo Timer. Many thousands are fitted to all types of vehicles; cars, 4WD's, trucks, even tractors & lawnmowers. Bogaard Turbo Timers are inexpensive, foolproof & fail-safe. They are easy to fit, with plug-in models for most popular vehicles. For more details see our Turbo Timer Brochure.
Watercooling of turbochargers does not remove the need to idle down. The following is an extract from the Owner’s Manual for a car with a water cooled Turbocharger produced by one of Australia’s biggest manufacturers:
All Items will be sent by Australia Post and will be traceable
Please make sure you have checked the listing against your vehicle as incorrect items will incure a 25% re stocking fee freight back to us will be at your cost.
Please use internet banking as our preferred payment method
FNB 4WD Supplies have been providing the 4WD community
with only high quality 4WD accessories and parts since 2005.
We are renown for providing great value, and great service.
We strive to please and deliver on what we promise.
Our comprehensive showroom and workshop is testament to the focus we have on
delivering the very best our customers are seeking,
VALUE FOR MONEY.
Choose the people you trust to deliver.
FNB 4WD Supplies