The Mackie MTH-15A is a full-range, portable, powered loudspeaker system providing high-output, ultra-wide dispersion and low-distortion performance in a compact, lightweight design. Two Fast RecoveryTM amplifiers independently power a 15-inch neodymium woofer and a precision 1-inch compression driver. Mackie’s sophisticated Active electronics provide phase correction, crossover, time correction, equalization and protection circuitry.
Mackie-designed Active electronics provide a host of processing designed to enhance the performance of the MTH-15A. Equalization, crossover, and time alignment are working at all times to improve sonic performance. Protective circuitry includes over-excursion protection, thermal protection shutdown, auto reset, and driver protection, including independent HF and LF compressors.
The MTH-15A features a number of dedicated controls including an EQ on/off switch, a 3-band EQ/contour section, and a single microphone and line input level control.
The center of gravity, handle locations, handle design, and ease of use have been ergonomically designed. There is also an integrated pole mount cup and a weather-resistant steel grille. The trapezoidal cabinet has been designed to provide an ideal floor monitoring position.
The cabinet is constructed of high-pressure injected polypropylene. The enclosure features reinforcement ribbing and structural strengthening resulting in a strong, super-rigid design providing ideal acoustical characteristics.
- 2-way bi-amplified, optimized powered loudspeaker system
- 400W peak of ultra-efficient Fast RecoveryTM amplification
- LF 300W peak power (Class-D)
- HF 100W peak power (Class-A/B)
- High-output transducers
- 15" high-precision woofer
- 1" compression driver
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Transducer time-alignment
- User-adjustable 3-band contour EQ with sweepable mid-frequency
- Mic/Line input for direct connection of a microphone or mixer output
- Tough, impact-resistant polypropylene enclosure
- Pole-mountable and floor wedge-able
- Extremely lightweight and portable : 16.3 kg
- Dimensions (HxWxD) : 702mm x 427mm x 394mm