WELCOME TO MY LISTING FOR...
MEN ON THE MOON
Based on America's Project Apollo
RARE - Vintage 1964
Author - John Raymond
Encyclopedia by Marvin Young, Instructor, Space Science, Miami University, Florida
Illustrations by National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, U.S.A.
Published in Australia by William Collins
HARD COVER (no Jacket)
This book presents clearly and simply the American Project Apollo which will culminate in the first manned landing on the moon. It looks at the geography of the moon and the theories about it's formation. Going onto the early rocket experiments of Dr. Goddard, it traces the development of the science of rocketry. It describes the astronaut training programme and gives an account of the technical problems of travelling to the moon, of going into orbit round the planet and effecting a landing. This book is handsomely illustrated with full colour photographs, drawings and diagrams and features a useful dictionary of space terms.
This fantastic vintage book was first published 6 years before man stepped out onto the moon. The pages are in very good condition for age, the only visible markings is an inscription on the first page. The covers have some minor wear and tear from shelf storage.
Birth of the Moon
Craters on the Moon
Unmanned Space Vehicles
The Mighty Saturn C-5
Emergency in Space
Out in Space
Entering Lunar Orbit
We Land on the Moon
The Moon's Surface
Report to Control
Blast off From the Moon
The book contains 94 pages and 520 weighs grams. Posting in a large satchel well protected with both plastic and cardboard.
FREE pick up is available from Southern Metro Adelaide. Conditions apply.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING:
- We request contact by e-mail within 3 days of the end of the auction.
- We require payment within 5 days of end of the auction.
- All Non-Paying Bidders will be reported to admin. If you are not able to pay, then please do not bid.
- All items are described to the best of our ability.
- No responsibility is taken for uninsured goods which are damaged, lost or stolen.
- Insurance is encouraged and sometimes mandatory.
- No warranty offered or implied on electrical/electronic items.
- We ask that you contact us before leaving Negative or Neutral Feedback - we are only human and mistakes can occur, please bear this in mind.
We sincerely hope that we can offer you the best possible online shopping experience, and wish you only Good Luck and Happy Bidding!
THANKS FOR LOOKING..PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER ITEMS!
NEW LISTINGS MOST DAYS
Check out my other items!
Be sure to add me to your favourites list!
WHERE POSSIBLE I COMBINE WINS TO SAVE YOU $$$