Details about Mazda RX-8 RX8 SE3P custom stainless steel exhaust mufflerMazda RX-8 RX8 SE3P custom stainless steel exhaust muffler See original listing
For parts or not working
04 May, 2014 14:06:35 AEST
[ 6 bids ]
Surrey Hills, VIC, Australia
For parts or not working: An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that ... Read moreabout the condition
Up for sale is a 3” custom exhaust for my 2005 Mazda RX-8. I have sold my car, so it's time to sell it. What you see in the photo is what you will get as simple as that. The previous owner told me from Sydney that this is a stainless steel exhaust with 3-inch piping. The 3-inch refers to the size of the pipe after the catalyst convertor and the resonator section, NOT the exhaust tips at the end.
You can find the sound clip via the below Youtube link. You will have much deeper and meatier sound from this exhaust. You will also notice (at least from my perception) a much quicker high end rev response around 6000 to 8000rpm when you rev your RX8. Best modification I had for my RX8 back then.
Please note that I had my own 3” inch catback setup at the time when I recorded the above video clips, so the sound of the exhaust when it is on your car can differ as you might has different exhaust system setup.
Whatever you see in the photo (related to the exhaust itself) will be what you will be getting in this auction. Nothing more and nothing less.
This muffler was for my Manual 2005 Series 1 RX-8. I do not know whether it will fit an automatic version of the RX-8s nor whether it will fit a facelift version (series 2, 2008 and onward) RX-8. Please do your own research before you place the bid. I will not be able to provide fitment information beyond this point.
Also, please be advised that this is NOT a direct bolt on muffler. You will need a mechanic to connect (potentially weld) the muffler on your after market exhaust system for you. I do NOT believe you will be able to fit this exhaust to the back of your stock RX8 exhaust system (i.e. cannot do a direct swap). It might be more suitable for anyone who already has a 3" catback exhaust system.
The condition is as per what you can see from the photo provided and the exhaust is in good physical shape. Perhaps it just needs a good clean up to make it shine and roar again. Due to the fact that there is no feasible way for me to actually test it, I have listed this muffler as NOT WORKING in the condition section in this auction.
Having said that, the muffler should work as it is intended to and I would be quite surprised if it’s not. It’s just a muffler at the end of the day. However, I listed it as not working and I will not be responsible if there is any issue or defects just in extremely rare case.
- PayPal, NOT preferred...
- I accept Bank deposit or cash (if pick up)
- Please contact me within 3 days of auction ending and pay within 7 days
- Feedback will be left once I receive feedback
Postage and delivery
- This is a Pick-up only auction. Item is located in Kew or Surrey Hills (Preferred).
Sorry, but NO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS!
Terms and Conditions
- Any problem with the item, please contact me within 2 days upon receipt of item and I will resolve it. I might not be able to leave negative feedback to the buyer but I WILL raise dispute with eBay if buyer leaves negative feedback without contacting me in regards to the problem/issue.
- The sale is final as soon as the auction ends. UNLESS there is a problem with the item (excluding the damage caused by Australian Post or courier delivery), I DO NOT accept return or refund.
- By placing the bid, you agree all the terms and conditions listed above.