Dinner with the Greens
As the Senate changes around them, find out what approach the Greens will take from July. You and a guest can dine with Greens Leader Christine Milne, Deputy Leader Adam Bandt and newly re-elected Senator Scott Ludlam.
This auction coincides with The Federal Parliamentary Press Gallery Midwinter Ball 2014. The Midwinter Ball is unique. It is the highlight of the social schedule of the National Capital, and a major attraction nationally with tickets always in great demand.
The Federal Parliamentary Press Gallery is very proud of the charity dimension of the Midwinter Ball, carefully selecting different recipients each year. With the help of generous corporate support, the annual ball has raised over $2.5 million for charity to date, for exciting and worthy causes such as Lifeline Australia, Open Family Australia, The Newborn Intensive Care Foundation, the Smith Family's Learning for Life Program, Burn Foundation Australia, The Fred Hollows Foundation, the RSPCA, Australian Mental Health Research Foundation, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Camp Kookaburra, Fighting Chance, Save the Children and Surfaid International.
Bidder Pre-Approval Required
This auction is limited to pre-approved bidders. The verification process is in place to protect the charities and all bidders from inflated, non-genuine bidding.
Avoid disappointment and register early on the secure site: https://www.bidforgood.com.au/pre-approval/mwb
Terms and Conditions
- The item for sale ("Sale Item") is the dinner for you and a guest with Greens Leader Christine Milne, Deputy Leader Adam Bandt and newly re-elected Senator Scott Ludlam ( "The Experience").
- The Promoter's decision regarding any aspect of this auction is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter acting in good faith, reserves the right not to accept bids from any participant.
This auction listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders only. Bidder Prequalification is a security verification measure given the high profile nature of this auction to protect the charities from non-genuine bidding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject requests to bid or cancel already approved bids at its sole discretion. The Promoter may also conduct further screening of bidders, including requesting additional documentation on the ability to make payment as well as request a deposit via PayPal or credit card before being allowed to bid/continue bidding, regardless of eBay feedback history.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any bid not processed due to technical problems or delays.
- If the Sale Item becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute a Sale Item of equal or greater value.
- The winning bidder must make payment for the Sale Item by PayPal or Direct Bank Deposit within three (3) working days of the auction.
- All proceeds from this auction will be donated to The Midwinter Ball Foundation for distribution to Send Hope, Menslink, Cystic Fibrosis ACT, MND New South Wales, SoldierOn, Jodie O'Shea Orphanage, Indigenous Reading Project, Muscular Dystrophy New South Wales. eBay and PayPal have generously waived all fees and commissions.
- All elements of the Experience are subject to availability with no cash alternative and the experience is non-refundable.
- This Experience must be claimed/utilised within twelve (12) months of the close date of the auction.
- Participants cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the Experience (in whole or in part).
- Any dietary requirements or allergies should be noted when booking.
- The winning bidder will receive confirmation from the Promoter with all details including contacts necessary to redeem the Experience.
- The winning bidder and guest must agree to an Australian Federal Police background check after being confirmed as the successful bidder. If you object to having a background check, please do NOT bid. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- No compensation will be payable if the Participant is unable to participate in an experience as stated and provided.
- Under normal circumstances this is not a tax deductible donation. The buyer should rely on their own tax advice.
- Participants are responsible for all expenses not stated including, without limitation, transport, accommodation, insurances, surcharges, meals (other than specified), incidentals, items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs.
- By participating in the Experience, Participants accept full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Experience and hold the Promoter harmless from any loss, injury, damage, cost, liability or expense suffered or incurred by a participant in connection with participating in the Experience.
- Except as required by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, agencies and agents) is not liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or expense whether to people, property or otherwise arising directly or indirectly as a result of the conduct of any third party suppliers, or otherwise as a result of the winning bidder (or nominee) participating in the Sale Item, including any loss, damage, injury or expense which is due to any negligence of the Promoter.
- The Promoter of the Midwinter charity auction is The Federal Parliamentary Press Gallery Midwinter Ball Foundation, (ABN 57 699 672 638) ("the Promoter").
- Bid For Good (ABN 96 984 486 617) ("Bid For Good") is the Promoter's agent managing the auction on behalf of and at the direction of the Promoter with the explicit permission of Send Hope, Menslink, Cystic Fibrosis ACT, MND New South Wales, SoldierOn, Jodie O'Shea Orphanage, Indigenous Reading Project, Muscular Dystrophy New South Wales and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein including the quality, safety, or legality of any aspect of the experience listed, the truth or accuracy of the listing or the ability to provide the experience listed. View Bid For Good's letters of endorsement for this auction.
- No part of the content of this auction or associated pages (including photos, video, text, design) may be used without the written permission of the appropriate license holders.
Managed by Bid For Good