Whey Protein Isolate (Choc-Mint, 1kg)
Protein forms the building blocks for your muscle tissue, so without it your body would lack a critical component needed for muscle to even exist. Whey is one of the best absorbed forms of protein in the body, even higher than chicken or fish.
What is whey protein isolate?
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purest form of whey protein powder available. It is derived from cow’s milk and is essential for muscle repair, growth and strength. In contrast to whey protein concentrate, WPI has a much higher pure protein content of over 90%. WPI also contains little to no fat, lactose or cholesterol.
Why take WPI?
Protein is used for the production of muscles. Proteins are also used to manufacture hormones, enzymes, cellular messengers, nucleic acids, and immune-system components. Without adequate protein, our bodies cannot put together the structures that make up every cell, tissue, and organ, nor can it generate the biochemical substances needed for cardiovascular function, muscle contraction, growth, and healing. Without an adequate amount of protein our muscles would not heal up as quickly and could therefore lead to overtraining your muscle which could lead to injury.
When do I take WPI?
Also, after a workout is one of the best time to get protein into the body so that the protein can be delivered to your muscles, to begin healing the micro tears (very small tears in the muscle tissue, caused by intense contraction of the muscle during workout) in the muscle. Post-workout, WPI should be taken as it is absorbed rapidly, so that the synergistic insulin response is maximised – this allows muscle breakdown to diminish so that synthesis can dominate and you can get quickly back into building muscle the next day.
Benefits of having a whey protein shake
After a workout is one of the best times to get protein into the body. Here, protein can be delivered to your muscles and begin healing the micro tears (very small tears in the muscle tissue, caused by intense contraction of the muscle during workout). Because solid food takes more time to digest and to break down the protein and send it to the muscles, it can be best to take a protein shake immediately following a workout. Protein, through liquid nutrition (your shake) is more rapidly digested and absorbed, thus nutrients are more rapidly delivered to your muscles.
Other benefits of No Bull Supplements’ WPI
• Our WPI is sourced from the USA, one of a few manufacturers in the world that supply WPI at 93g of protein per 100g (dry-basis). Thus, the protein content in our whey protein isolate is superior to all the major brands. We focus on delivering simply pure whey protein
• Our whey protein isolate is a low temperature cross and ultra filtered WPI which remains completely undenatured.
Compare the nutritional content of No Bull Supplements’ WPI with that of other labels
Studies related to WPI
1. The main disadvantage of WPC is because of the higher level of lactose and fat, this means more calories. So if you are on extremely strict diet and are careful of every calorie that you consume i.e. bodybuilder or athlete before competition; then WPC may not be your choice of whey protein powder. Also the same goes if you are lactose intolerant, WPI may be a better choice: Judy A. Driskell (Ed), Sports Nutrition: Fats and Proteins, CRC Press, 2007, p.146.
2. In a group of healthy adults, in direct comparison to supplementation with casein, WPI supplementation (30 grams/day) improved body composition (maintain lean mass, reduce fat mass) via enhanced antioxidant (GSH) status. This improvement was obtained without exercise training: Lands LC, Grey VL, Smountas AA. Effect of supplementation with a cysteine donor on muscular performance. J Appl Physiol 1999; 87: 1381-1385.
3. With regard to resistance (RE) training specifically, one study reported that a dose of WPI (1.2g/kg/day) in RE-trained individuals resulted in an almost 2-fold higher gain (2.1 vs. 1.2kg) in LBM and a better gain in bench press strength compared to a CHO-supplemented group: Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Davidson KS, Candow DG, Farthing J, Smith-Palmer T. The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2001; 11: 349-64.
4. In one investigation dietary analyses concurred that the participant’s eating patterns were characteristic of bodybuilders, i.e., they consumed a high energy/protein intake divided into small, frequent, mixed macronutrient meals over the 24 hour period. The supplement dose (120 grams per day for an 80kg individual) was divided into 4 small doses and consumed with meals throughout the day. In comparison to an equivalent dose of casein, treatment with the WPI resulted in a 5-fold better gain in LBM and better gains in strength after the 10 week RE training program: Cribb, PJ, Williams AD, Hayes A, Carey MF. The effect of whey isolate on strength, body composition and plasma glutamine. Int. J Sports Nutr Exerc Metab 2006; 16: 494-509 Important consideration was use of a supplement dose and protocol that is characteristic of strength athletes.
Terms and conditions
This page outlines the Terms and Conditions of No Bull Supplements Australia. By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by them.
1. When you have made your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email that your payment has been accepted.
2. When your items are shipped, you will receive another email to notify you of this.
3. All deliveries are packaged securely and placed in either a tough bag or a cardboard box, depending on the physical size of your purchase.
4. All orders are dispatched within 48 hours of the sale.
5. Our couriers are advised to leave all packages in a safe place if no one is at home. If this is not practical, it is your responsibility to advise us if you would like alternative arrangements. Our courier service does charge a redelivery fee payable by the customer if they need to do a re-delivery. Pickups are possible from their depot at no charge.
6. Deliveries within Sydney and most other major cities are normally an overnight service. Other areas could take up to 3-4 business days. Some areas of WA and rural areas can take up to 9 days. If you have not received your order within the time specified, please advise us and we will contact the courier.
7. A surcharge may apply to deliveries in regional areas. In such cases, the buyer will be notified of the surcharge within 24 hours. The buyer has the option to withdraw their purchase if unsatisfied with the surcharge.
In regards to refunds, in the unlikely event that you wish to make a claim relating to your product such as damage in transport or incorrect goods, you must notify us by email within 24 hours of receiving the goods. All returned goods must be unopened and in original condition. Our email is email@example.com