D-Link®, an industry leader in networking, introduces another performance breakthrough in wireless connectivity – the AirPlus Xtreme G® series of wireless networking devices. Based on D-Link 108G Technology, these 802.11g compatible devices are capable of delivering maximum wireless signal rates of up to 108Mbps* when used together.
The Wi-Fi certified DWL-G650 Wireless Notebook Adapter features extremely high performance as well as industry-wide compatibility. Wi-Fi certification ensures that the DWL-G650 will be compatible with more of your existing network hardware.
Using the DWL-G650 to provide wireless connectivity for your notebook allows you to be more mobile. Access available 802.11b/g networks without the restrictions of phone lines or Ethernet cables. When traveling, feel confident that your notebook will be able to work with the ever increasing number of wireless hotspots.
The DWL-G650 also features D-Link’s eXtended Range (XR) Technology, designed to provide increased wireless signal range as well as fewer dead spots**. When used with XR-enabled access point, experience wireless coverage in areas where you were previously unable to get reception.
With an included configuration utility, setup for your DWL-G650 is a straightforward process. The utility keeps track of your most frequently used networks, so you can rejoin them without hassle. The DWL-G650 also supports the latest security features such as WPA and 802.1x, making your wireless connection secure.
With its speed, security, and range, the DWL-G650 is the ideal wireless client adapter for your most demanding notebook computer users. Experience the freedom of wireless to the Xtreme with the DWL-G650.
Now the popular D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ Wireless Notebook Adapter just got faster, while maintaining adherence to the IEEE 802.11g standard.
A new free firmware upgrades D-Link 802.11g AirXtremeGâ„¢ products to deliver the Industryâ€™s fastest performance, up to 15 times faster than 802.11b. At 108Mbps data bandwidth the 802.11g D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ DWL-G650 with enhanced 108 delivers excellent and consistent data rate throughput.
The D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ with enhanced 108 features the industryâ€™s first default 108Mbps â€œDynamic Modeâ€? that allows clients to always operate at the highest possible speeds while automatically identifying and recognizing other D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ products for highest performance capability and seamless access to the wireless network in a homogenous environment.
Extensive performance and interoperability testing using standard based methods including NetIQâ€™s Chariot software reveals a significant increase in performance of the D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ over other 802.11g based competitors.
The D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ DWL-G650 802.11g wireless CardBus adapter with 108 upgrade employs five cutting-edge hardware-based compression technologies to achieve a significant boost in performance within the 2.4GHz frequency range.
• Packet Bursting: The packet bursting technique puts more data into a single transmission, allowing more raw data to be stuffed into each packet and as a result not only delivers much more data, but also executes this process with less traffic on the network. Packet bursting transforms lengthy binary code into simple equations, resulting in an overall reduction in the number of 1s and 0s being sent over the network. It is also the technique defined as one of the methods for performance improvement in the IEEE 802.11e QOS draft standard.
• Fast Frames: The fast frames technique enhances data throughput by increasing the number of bits sent per data frame and accelerating the timing of a data frame with a dynamic transmit optimisations. This technology enhances the Packet Bursting capability synergistically to provide accelerated performance results. The fast frames technique is also based on the 802.11e QOS draft standard.
• Hardware Compression and Encryption: AirXtremeGâ„¢ uses the Atheros AR5002 chipset which employs special engines to compress and encrypt data. These hardware engines operate in real-time to enhance throughput by implementing standard algorithms and compressing data prior to transmission and after reception.
• Multi-Channel Bonding: Multi-Channel Bonding embraces two radio channels simultaneously. It collapses the available channels from 12 to 6 for increased bandwidth on the available channels. Single and double channels are not run at the same time. This technology senses single channel and dual channel frames and negotiates time-based solutions with priority on single channel processing.
• Select Mode: Select Mode gives users the option of locking the Xtreme G products into a Static mode (instead of the default Dynamic mode) for even higher performance within a complete D-Link 108Mbps Xtreme G environment. The D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ DWL-G650 is a powerful 32-bit notebook adapter that installs quickly and easily into a notebook. Like all D-Link wireless adapters, the DWL-G650 can be used in ad-hoc mode to connect directly with other wireless cards for peer-to-peer file sharing or in infrastructure mode to connect with a wireless access point or router for access to the Internet in your office or home network.
The DWL-G650 AirXtremeGâ„¢ wireless notebook adapter features robust security to help protect the wireless network from intruders, complying with the latest wireless networking security protocols, including WEP encryption and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support for both 802.1x and WPA-PSK. This wireless notebook adapter is also capable of supporting the government-grade AES encryption and upcoming 802.11i standards. The DWL-G650 wireless notebook adapter also includes a configuration utility to discover available wireless networks and create and save detailed connectivity profiles for those networks most often accessed.
In addition to being the industryâ€™s fastest wireless notebook adapter solution, it includes management settings and policy-based content filtering for advanced network management. Filters can be set based on MAC address, IP address, URL and/or Domain Name.
D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ is also the only 802.11g solution with 108Mbps mode that remains fully interoperable and compatible with all 2.4GHz devices, capable of creating one homogenous network environment for the multi-vendor environment.
The D-Link AirXtremeGâ„¢ DWL-G650 wireless notebook adapter with 108Mbps upgrade is ideal for creating a fast and affordable wireless network, delivering the industryâ€™s fastest wireless network.
D-Link DWL-G650 AirPlus Xtreme G High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless 108Mbps1 Cardbus Adapter
Wireless Signal Rates* With Automatic Fallback
D-Link 108G: 108Mbps
WPA—Wi-Fi Protected Access
WPA —PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
Media Access Control
CSMA/CA with ACK
2.4 GHz to 2.462 GHz
Wireless Signal Range*
Indoors: Up to 328 feet (100 meters) Outdoors: Up to 1,312 feet (400 meters)
PowerSave mode = 28 mA
Standby mode = 4.66 mA
Transmit mode = 248 mA
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)
Complementary Code Keying (CCK)
54 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -68 dBm)
48 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -68 dBm)
36 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -75 dBm)
24 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -79 dBm)
18 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -82 dBm)
12 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -84 dBm)
11 Mbps CCK, 8% PER, -82 dBm)
9 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -87 dBm)
6 Mbps OFDM, 10% PER, -88 dBm)
5.5 Mbps CCK, 8% PER, -85 dBm)
2 Mbps QPSK, 8% PER, -86 dBm)
1 Mbps BPSK, 8% PER, -89 dBm)
Wireless Transmitter Power
15 dBm ± 2dB
Internal Antenna Type
Dual Antenna Diversity Switching
32°F to 131°F ( 0°C to 55°C)
95% maximum (non-condensing)
L = 4.64 inches (114.3 mm)
W = 2.13 inches (54 mm)
H = 0.34 inches (8.7 mm)
0.12 lbs (55 g)
FCC part 15b
More informaton please check D-Link website!
Shipping & Handling:
Shipping & Handling: Free Shipping Australia Wide Insurance: $3.00 Optional
Terms & Conditions:
On 16-May-06 at 23:35:00 AEST, seller added the following information:
On 31-Aug-10 at 11:47:24 AEST, seller added the following information:
Analyzing "Smart Counters" only @ inkFrog.com
Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
The buyer is responsible for return postage costs.
Return policy details
14 Days DOA Period!
For all warranty returns (inc. dead on arrival), the replacement item will only be posted after the faulty item is received.
Software: No refund or exchange for software if the package is opened.
If I change my mind...Within 30 days
Please make sure that you check your items carefully before they are used or installed.
For Non-Faulty products return, the item must be returned within 30 days from the invoice date! The item must be in original condition! Unused, Undamaged Packaging, a saleable condition! if it was sealed before, the Plastic Shrink Wrapping / Seal must not be broken!
Refunds by law: In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business for goods purchased if the goods are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match description. More information at returns - opens in a new window or tab.
Cash on pickup
Money Order/Bank cheque
Seller's payment instructions
We accept bank cheques / personal cheques and money orders as well!
We will process the order ASAP after we receive the payment in Full!
Thanks for buying from PC Meal!
Current bid amount
+ import charges (shown at checkout)
time left##2## left|Bid Count
Current Max Bid:
Your bid amount:
Calculating import charges...+ import charges (shown at checkout)
By placing a bid, you're committing to buy this item if you win.
By submitting your bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder. You've read and agreed to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase your maximum bid amount.
By clicking Confirm, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm, you're committing to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder and have read and agreed to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase your maximum bid amount.