The Philips Lumea IPL hair removal system is a revolutionary device that enables you to be free from unwanted hair and enjoy smooth skin every day. Philips Lumea uses gentle pulses of light to stimulate the hair root into a resting phase. Hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. For smooth, hair free skin every day, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
If you would like the gift of everlasting smoothness, add Philips Lumea Precision to your wish list today.
Adapted for safe use in the comfort of your own home
Philips Lumea Precision uses an innovative light-based technology called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons. Philips is a world leader in hair removal technology. Philips worked closely with leading dermatologists to develop this breakthrough hair removal system. For more than ten years Philips carried out extensive consumer research with more than 1,500 volunteers. Philips has adapted this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home.
"In my practice, patients are always requesting a more effective solution for hair removal. Philips Lumea is an innovative, hand-held hair removal solution. It allows women to safely and effectively prevent hair regrowth in the comfort of their own home."
(Vic A Narurkar, US Cosmetic Dermatologist)
Why choose Philips Lumea Precision?
Philips Lumea Precision works wonders to prevent the reappearance of hair all over the body. It is an easy-to-use, cordless device which applies gentle pulses of light to the hair root, causing hair to shed naturally and hair regrowth to be inhibited. Philips Lumea Precision has been developed in close cooperation with leading dermatologists for an effective and gentle treatment. The new Lumea Precision is specifically designed for use on even the most sensitive skin, including the face. It includes a precision attachment with an additional UV light filter providing extra protection for treating delicate areas.
Safe to use
Philips Lumea Precision has been developed in conjunction with leading dermatologists specifically for safe, gentle and effective home use on face, underarms, bikini area and legs. Philips clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as little as two bi-weekly treatments, with optimal hair-free results achieved after four to five bi-weekly treatments. To maintain these results, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
Gentle and effective application on face and body, even on sensitive skin
Lumea Precision can be used with confidence to remove hair on body parts including legs, underarm, bikini area, stomach, arms and face. Philips Lumea Precision has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea’s Precision IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive body areas. Lumea Precision is the safest IPL solution for the face. This new product features a precision attachment which is specially designed for facial application. It includes an extra integrated light filter that provides additional protection for the face. The smaller application area is convenient for using on the upper lip and other hard-to-reach areas.
Philips Lumea Precision is a cost-effective alternative to salon treatments
The Philips Lumea Precision is a cost-effective alternative to salon-based laser hair removal treatments. "Based on average UK 2011 prices, by choosing Philips Lumea Precision over a course of salon hair removal treatments you could save on average over £2000!"
(Source: Laser hair removal general average prices in UK 2011)
No stress, no mess
Philips Lumea Precision is a hand-held, cordless device that offers maximum freedom and maneuverability during treatment of face, underarms, bikini area and legs. Philips Lumea Precision is a complete solution that comes ready to work straight out of the box. Unlike other IPL hair removal systems for use at home, with Philips Lumea Precision you do not need to buy any additional accessories or replacement parts. From the moment you have purchased Philips Lumea precision you have everything you need to achieve everlasting smoothness! Don't lock yourself in the bathroom, just use it in a convenient and relaxing environment, even while watching TV!
How does Philips Lumea Precision prevent hair growth?
The Philips Lumea Precision SC2002/01 intense pulsed light (IPL) works by heating up the hair and the root beneath the skin, using gentle pulses of light absorbed by the hair’s melanin. An internal optical filter ensures no UV light reaches the skin and leaves it unharmed. This light energy stimulates the hair root to go into a resting phase. In the following days the hair will shed naturally and hair growth is inhibited. It may take several weeks before the root becomes active again to grow a new hair. Used every four to six weeks you will enjoy the confidence of silky smooth skin forever.
Five steps to everlasting smoothness:
- Pre-shave the treatment area: To use Philips Lumea Precision IPL you need to pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channeled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments.
- 2- Select the light intensity according to your skin tone and body hair colour.
- 3- Apply pulses of light to the hair: The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
- 4- Effective hair regrowth prevention: As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is inhibited.
- 5- Clinical studies show best results after four or five bi-weekly treatments. For smooth, hair free skin every day, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
Suitable skin and hair types for Philips Lumea
Philips Lumea works effectively on naturally dark-blonde, brown and black hair. It is not suitable for (naturally) red, grey and light blonde hair or for very dark skin types (skin type VI). Please consult the table below to determine which light intensities are most suitable for your skin and body hair colour and to check if this method is suitable for you at all.
Important safety advice
Unfortunately, Philips Lumea is not designed for everyone. If any of the following is true for you, then this appliance is not suitable for you to use.
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blonde, white, grey or red.
- There are medications and health conditions that may lead to adverse reactions when you use Philips Lumea. Please visit www.philips.co.uk/lumea to read full safety information.
- You can also find full information on using Philips Lumea before and after tanning at www.philips.co.uk/lumea
- Philips Lumea Precision has been optimised for use by women but recent research showed that men could use Philips Lumea Precision on most areas of the body, except the beard and scrotum.
- If you are of skin type VI (you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions such as strong redness, burns or discolouration when you use Philips Lumea.
- 1 x Philips Lumea Precision SC2002/01
- 1 x Body attachment with 3 cm2 window area
- 1 x Precision attachment with 2 cm2 window area
- 1 x Luxury storage pouch
- 1 x Cleaning cloth
- 1 x Multi voltage charger
- 1 x Demo DVD
- 1 x Full user manual
- 1 x Quick Start Guide