BRAND NEW - Qty 2 - Pump Bucket Leather 1 3/8" Cup - Piston Pump Spare Part to suit Ajax or Southern Cross Piston Pumps
BRAND NEW - Qty 2 - Pump Bucket Leather 1 3/8" Cup to suit Ajax or Southern Cross Piston Pumps
Pump buckets, also called cups, are seals used in piston pumps, brass windmill pumps and differential compensators. Usually piston pump buckets have a small hole and windmill pump buckets have a large hole. They are available in Leather, Neoprene, or Nitrile.
Note: The End user can easily increase the hole size to suit all shaft sizes by using a drill, Stanley knife or scissors, etc.
12 month Warranty
Price includes 2 buckets
Size 1 3/8” Height - 1/2", 12mm
Outside Diameter (at widest point) 1 3/8” or 35mm
Combined Weight of 2 buckets – 9 grams
Stamped on bucket - MAH No 3
High quality - Inferior buckets are more likely to swell tight in the pump barrel, thus increasing the load and wear on the parts and reducing the pump capacity. Our high quality Pump Buckets are formed from high grade leather and are made to last under harsh Australian conditions.
It is recommended that pump buckets are replaced approximately every 18 months.
Which type of Pump Bucket is the best? A good pump bucket should:
a. be on-size (exactly the same size as the pump (or differential) cylinder)
b. be shaped to suit the pump Plunger
c. be permeable (so water can penetrate through the material and therefore lubricate the sliding surface)
d. have good friction characteristics
e. have a lubricant built in.
f. expand for its own wear.
It is only leather that satisfies all these requirements. Neoprene (which are actually made from nitrile) and Nitrile Cups will last longer, but they tend to cause the windmill to operate under an increased load. The Cups last longer but the windmill doesn’t.
The golden rules of Pump Buckets
1. Don’t over-tighten the Plunger
2. “Crack a Leather bucket” before fitting – this involves kneading the bucket to soften the leather. This will ensure that swelling in the Cup happens quickly and up the cylinder; rather than outwards to jamb the plunger. Ensure the bucket is well oiled. Moving the sides back and forwards until you can turn them nearly inside out.
3. Test the pump prior to assembling the Column. This test is done on the work bench, by lifting the plunger in the pump and from the top of the stroke – let it go. The plunger should slide down under its own weight. If it doesn’t the pump buckets are too tight. If it free falls the pump buckets are too loose. The plunger should slide down steadily.
4. Get the pump pumping as quickly as possible (this encourages the swelling of the pump buckets up along the cylinder rather than outwards)
IMPORTANT Note: These buckets are marked M.A.H. No 3 – it is a pliable bucket that has proved satisfactory for medium or soft water. For hard or artesian water the M.A.H. No 1 bucket may be necessary. This is a hard bucket manufactured by a different process. The skin of the leather is on the inside. This ensures that the bucket is not weakened by any tailoring necessary when fitting to a pump cylinder.
Visit our store to see our full range of quality leather pump buckets, seals, packing and other pump spare parts.
Please contact us if you are unsure of which pump bucket size you require.
Do it once, do it right!
Ask a Question ?
Methods of payment we accept:
Internet Banking – EFT into our NAB bank account (details available after checkout). Quoting item no as the reference.
Direct Deposit your amount into our bank account over the counter at your local National Australia Bank.
Money Orders can be purchased at your local Australia Post Office.
1. Note that goods will not be sent until payment is made in full for both item and postage.
2. All prices for items and shipping costs are quoted in Australia Dollars and include GST.
3. We enclose a tax invoice into every item we ship. However, you are also able to print out the tax invoice after you have finished your checkout.
Buyers are required to carefully follow payment instructions on the checkout page, and note down any necessary details on it (e.g. bank account details). If buyers fail to follow the instructions on the checkout page, Ace Water is not liable for any unidentified payments and subsequent delivery delays.
Buyers should take note there is additional clearance time for payments made for Bank Deposit, Transfers and money orders. Once the payment is credited to our account, it may take 24-48 hours to clear, after which your item will be dispatched.
We aim to ship items within 1 business day after payment is cleared.
We offer FREE postage AUSTRALIA-WIDE on all our items (usually 1 – 7 working days).
EVERY item is also offered with an EXPRESS postage option (at additional cost to customer) usually 1 – 3 working days.
Normally you will receive your item quickly, however please allow up to 10 business days for it to arrive. If you have not received your item after 10 business days, please contact us and we will trace your parcel with the carrier.
In most cases, deliveries can be tracked online with your consignment note number, provided on dispatch.
All items are dispatched from our warehouse in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia We operate a strictly online retail business, so Pick-up is not available (at this stage) and we are unable to make any exceptions.
Buyers have the full responsibility to provide us with the correct delivery address on the checkout page before payment. Courier providers (not Australia Post) normally contact the buyer prior to the delivery day. Ace Water is not liable for any delay, losses and/or damage of items due to changes of delivery address after checkout, or mistakes made by buyers.
Shipping services are chosen based on the destination, as well as the size, weight, and contents of your entire order. Details of the carrier and tracking information will be provided after your goods have been dispatched.
Goods are dispatched during business hours Monday – Friday excluding National and VIC Public Holidays.
Items will not be shipped until payment is received in full. Your item will not be sent until we have all the relevant details. After payment has been received, we will send you an email on the day your order is dispatched, including carrier details and tracking numbers. We will do everything we can to ensure safe delivery of your goods, but ultimately cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged goods. We can arrange for insurance at the expense of the buyer, if you require additional peace of mind. To keep the freight costs low, we use different couriers for different parts of Australia. In most cases Australia Post is used. If there is no one there to sign for it, your item may be "Carded" and redirected to your local Post office for collection.
Please be aware that P.O Boxes cannot receive items above 20kg or longer than 1 metre.
When being sent via courier:
Most deliveries require a signature upon delivery. We highly recommend that you change your delivery address to a workplace for items that are large and bulky prior to purchase. Delivery address must be premises where someone is available between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday to sign for delivery of your order. Po Boxes are not accepted, couriers will not deliver to a PO Box or RMB addresses.
If you have any questions, please send a message to our Customer Service team who are only too happy to help.
We offer 60 day money back guarantee on all our products. No questions asked.
Just return the item in its original packaging and in the same excellent condition that you received it in and we’ll refund your money.
Where Do Customers Return Items?
Ace Water will specify where returns are to be sent. Please enclose a copy of the tax invoice or order and your up to date contact details. We recommend that you return the item on a trackable freight carrier as Ace Water will not be held liable for lost items or freight. If products are returned in damaged and / or not the original packaging, the cost of the packaging will be taken off the refund amount.
You pay for returns when
Parts to be returned for a refund.
We pay for returns when
We sent you the wrong part.
Note that Returns are different to Warranty (see Warranty for details).
Note that Warranty is different from returns (see Returns for further details).
We offer a 12 month warranty on all items (from date of purchase) unless otherwise stated in the item description.
1. Warranty offered extends to the original purchaser only.
2. Customer to provide proof of purchase ie the original/copy of the invoice.
3. Naturally the warranty cover does not extend to damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents, misuse, lack of maintenance, neglect, naturbal disaster, or other external causes; to damage caused by operating the equipment in a manner outside that described in the instructions. If an item is installed incorrectly and is the cause of the item being faulty Ace Water will not exchange/refund or replace the part. The warranty is considered void if the item has been modified, altered or tampered with by a person (or persons) not authorized by the manufacture.
4. If it is a branded product that we have sold for another ‘manufacturer’, the item will be passed onto the ‘manufacturer’ to be determined by the ‘manufacturer’ if a warranty or refund will be accepted. Ace Water will not be held liable for another manufacturer’s return/warranty policy.
5. Replacement products are provided with the same warranty as the returned products. Ace Water is not liable for items that have been misused, mishandled or incorrectly installed. Buyers should read the instruction and advise given by manufacturers and suppliers before use.
6. All accessories and bonus gifts (such as bags, cables and batteries etc) are not covered by the warranty.
7. If an item is fitted/installed incorrectly and is the cause of the item being faulty
8. Ace Water will not exchange/refund or replace the part.
Where Do Customers Return Items?
Ace Water will advise where products are to be returned to. The item is to be sent with a copy of the tax invoice/order, up to date contact details and a full description of the problem. We recommend that item/s are placed on a trackable freight Carrier as Ace Water will not be held liable for lost items or freight, and will not pay or replace lost freight if we did not organize the freight.
Who Pays For Returns?
Parts to be returned for assessment are to be paid by the customer, if approved Ace Water or manufacturer will reimburse the cost of freight.
We pay for returns when
1. We sent you the wrong part. We will ship the correct item when we receive the incorrect item at our warehouse. Such returned products will become our property and the replacement will be the buyer’s property.
2. If items show symptoms of operational failure, are defective or are broken (a.k.a. “DOA” or Dead on Arrival). We ask that buyers contact us via eBay within 14 days with a description of the issue. Ace Water reserves the rights to reject any claims made after 14 days for DOA cases. If the product is assessed to be DOA, buyers will receive a full refund or a replacement product. If buyers are requested to send back defective items, a replacement will be sent to buyers after we receive the returned product back in our warehouse. In such cases, we will cover the return freight charges. Such returned products will become our property and the replacement will be the buyer’s property.
Do you have a question?
Our experienced Sales team are on hand from 9am Monday to 5pm Friday to answer your query. (Excluding Australian & Victorian public holidays).
We are happy to provide your answer via text to your mobile (in addition to Ebay Message). Just include your mobile number at the end of your question.
Don’t forget - we also offer after sales support if you need it.
Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
The buyer is responsible for return postage costs.
Return policy details
Full refund less the price of postage
Refunds by law: In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business for goods purchased if the goods are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match description. More information at returns - opens in a new window or tab.
Seller's payment instructions
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your max bid:
Your max bid:
By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agreed to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.