Release: 1994 Polydor Australia
Condition: The CD has some light surface marks. (plays perfectly)
One of the many wonderful things about the film The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert was that it educated the populace on the school of drag. (At least a little.) Likewise, the film's soundtrack also enlightens those who may have wrongly thought that drag is rooted specifically in disco and torch classics. Sure, there's more than one version of disco stalwarts like "Shake Your Groove Thing," "I Love the Nightlife," and "I Will Survive," but this collection also finds the camp in songs like Paper Lace's "Billy Don't Be a Hero" and "Take a Letter Maria" by R.B. Graves. And of course, Abba's "Mamma Mia" emerges as the embodiment of overwrought dramatics. The soundtrack, with songs by the Village People and Vanessa Williams, is as much of a romp as the film. --Steve Gdula
1. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
2. Go West - The Village People
3. Billy Don't Be A Hero - Paper Lace
4. My Baby Loves Lovin' - White Plains
5. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Original Version) - Alicia Bridges
6. Can't Help Lovin' That Man - Trudy Richards
7. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
8. A Fine Romance - Lena Horne
9. Shake Your Groove Thing (Original Mix) - Peaches & Herb
10. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Patti Page
11. Finally (7' Choice Mix) - Ce Ce Peniston
12. Take A Letter Maria - R.B. Greaves
13. Mamma Mia - Abba
14. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
15. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Real Rapino 7' Mix) - Alicia Bridges
16. Go West (Original 12' Mix) - The Village People
17. I Will Survive (1993 Phil Kelsey Classic 12' Mix) - Gloria Gaynor
18. Shake Your Groove Thing (Original 12' Mix) - Peaches And Herb
19. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Phillip Damien Extended Vox) - Alicia Bridges
Australian Buyers - Direct Bank Deposit preferred, but Paypal or bank cheque/money order is also acceptable. Local pickup is available only for multiple purchases.
Overseas buyers - Paypal only please.
I post items every business day so you receive your purchase quickly. Individual CDs are wrapped in bubble wrap and then sent in cardboard CD mailers. Multiple CDs are individually wrapped in bubble wrap and sent in sturdy cardboard packing.
COMBINED SHIPPING COSTS IN AUSTRALIA
Save with my combined postage discounts. Add $2 for each additional item purchased to a maximum of $13.50 for standard post. No need to wait for a combined invoice as discounts will be automatically applied at checkout.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COSTS
Contact me for overseas shipping costs for multiple items. Multiple order postage costs can be dramatically reduced if sent without jewel cases.
Please note that normal airmail does not include tracking.
Bid with confidence. I have 100% feedback from over 12,000 sales. I only sell original CDs with their original covers, never burnt CDs nor reproduced covers. CDs are guaranteed to play perfectly and refunds will be happily provided if the item is not as described.
Unlike other sellers, I WILL be responsible for lost items in the post and will insure your item and postage cost to a maximum of $50 AT NO COST TO YOU. In the unlikely event that you have any concerns with the product or my service, please contact me before leaving negative or neutral feedback - I am sure I can resolve your concerns. I will leave you positive feedback once payment is made - I will not wait to leave feedback until your feedback is received.