FASKOLOR is a water-based, non-toxic paint that is specially formulated for clear lexan type polycarbonate surfaces and much more! It was developed for clear RC and Slot Car Bodies and actually becomes part of the body when brushed or sprayed on. The paint remains flexible and resists cracking, chipping and most impact damage. Because it is water-based, it cleans up easily and is fuel-proof. It can be used for any modeling or hobby project and can be top coated with clear enamel or urethane if a gloss is desired. It is compatible with styrofoam and most surfaces. FASKOLOR can be used with most airbrushes with a medium tip and an requires 40-70 psi of air (More air pressure is required than solvent based paint which typically requires around 25-35 lbs of air). FASKOLOR is available in 2 oz/60 ml bottles and Airbrush Bottle Adaptors (#40242/40243) are available separately to "plug" the bottle right into your airbrush for ease of use. FASKOLOR is available in many types of mixable colors and can be combined with our FASGLITTER for show stopping and concourse winning combinations.
General Instructions For Airbrushing With FASKOLOR
1. Shake bottle and/or stir well before using. FASFLIP and FASCHANGE colors separate and must be stirred and shaken to one consistency, These colors take more effort, others colors need just a good shaking to make sure the color is consistent before use.
2. Make sure your hands and the surface you are painting are have been cleaned with soap and water. Oil and dirt may prevent paint adhesion. Any mild dish type soap works fine.
3. When using an airbrush, use between 40 - 70 PSI air pressure with a medium tip. We suggest starting with 50 PSI and testing your spray pattern. Adjust air up or down for best results. This paint appears thick, but is ready to spray or brush right out of the bottle. (It can be thinned with a few drops of water if using lower air pressure, no more than 1 teaspoon per bottle).Practice spraying on a test surface and adjust your airbrush, if necessary, until the paint sprays in a smooth even pattern and you are satisfied with the coverage.
4. Apply the paint in thin, even coats for best results (2-3 coats is best), each coat should be dry before continuing.
5. The paint must dry before applying another coat for best results. Using a hair type blow dryer will speed up drying/bonding time between coats. For best results we suggest using a blow dryer - it is an inexpensive piece that will make it possible to keep spraying your coats and make sure there are no runs or wet areas between the coats. A heat lamp can also be used if desired.
Using A Paint Brush
1. Using a soft bristle brush, apply several coats and vary brush stroke directions between each coat to get good, even coverage. NOTE: If painting a clear body from the inside, the brush marks will not show. FASFLUORESCENTS, FASPEARLS & FASESCENTS are not recommended because they show brush strokes.
Easy Water Clean Up
1. Clean your airbrush by spraying warm water between and after finished spraying your color(s). If you have access to a sink while you're painting, run water over the airbrush "paint pickup tube" to remove excess paint before inserting a clean bottle adaptor to spray water through the airbrush. Clean your bottle adaptor that has paint in it by running water over/through it in the sink. Since the paint is water-based, brushes, airbrushes, bottle adaptors, paint bottles and containers can be easily washed with soap and water. It is best to clean before the paint is dry. Don't let paint dry/harden in your airbrush, it will need to be disassembled and soaked to remove it.
2. We recommend spraying FASKLEANER #40202 through your airbrush to clear and prevent any heavy buildup of foreign materials and prevent clogs. It can also be used to clean bristle brushes and airbrush parts.
3. Always clean-up as soon as you are finished to keep your airbrush, brushes and equipment in good working condition.
Please note the colors of these paint samples may vary widely from monitor to monitor. Do not use these as an absolute reference, but as a general guide.
Please send a Message with the Colour and Quantity required or send an email to email@example.com
NOTE: Discounts / discounted postage are available for large quantities.
FASKOLOR is available in brilliant colours. Colours available include:
|Parma 40004 Faskolor 60ml Blue|
|Parma 40005 Faskolor 60ml Green|
|Parma 40007 Faskolor 60ml Orange|
|Parma 40008 Faskolor 60ml Beige|
|Parma 40012 Faskolor 60ml Sky Blue|
|Parma 40013 Faskolor 60ml Burgundy|
|Parma 40014 Faskolor 60ml Brown|
|Parma 40051 Faspearl 60ml White|
|Parma 40052 Faspearl 60ml Green|
|Parma 40054 Faspearl 60ml Charcoal|
|Parma 40055 Faspearl 60ml Blue|
|Parma 40058 Faspearl 60ml Black|
|Parma 40101 Fasfluoro 60ml Yellow|
|Parma 40103 Fasfluoro 60ml Orange|
|Parma 40104 Fasfluoro 60ml Pink|
|Parma 40105 Fasfluoro 60ml Red|
|Parma 40107 Fasfluoro 60ml Green|
|Parma 40108 Fasfluoro 60ml VIolet|
|Parma 40152 Fasescent 60ml Purple|
|Parma 40155 Fasescent 60ml Teal|
|Parma 40156 Fasescent 60ml Turquoise|
|Parma 40181 Faschange 60ml Blue|
|Parma 40191 Fastint 60ml|
|Parma 40202 Airbrush Cleaner 60ml|
|Parma 40300 Faskrome 60ml Satin|
|Parma 40302 Faspearl 60ml Orange Mango|
|Parma 40303 Faspearl 60ml Razberry|
|Parma 40304 Fasfluorescent 60ml Flaming Orange|
|Parma 40305 Faslucent 60ml Green|
|Parma 40306 Faslucent 60ml Blue|
|Parma 40307 Faslucent 60ml Red|
|Parma 40308 Faslucent 60ml Pink|
|Parma 40309 Faslucent 60ml Orange|
|Parma 40310 Faslucent 60ml Yellow|
|Parma 40311 Faslucent 60ml Purple|