Details about Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon Matrix First Press - SHVL 804 G1 VG+See original listing
“Vinyl: Very Good Plus (VG+)Sleeve: Very Good Plus (VG+)”
13 Dec, 2014 11:51:30 AEDST
London, United Kingdom
An item that is used but still in very good condition. No damage to the jewellery case or item cover, no scuffs, scratches, cracks, or holes. The cover art and liner notes are included. The VHS or DVD box is included. The video game instructions and box are included. The teeth of disk holder are undamaged. Minimal wear on the exterior of item. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Vinyl: Very Good Plus (VG+)Sleeve: Very Good Plus (VG+)”|
|Genre:||Rock||Sleeve Grading:||Very Good Plus (VG+)|
|Style:||Experimental Rock||Special Attributes:||1st Edition|
|Record Size:||12"||Record Label:||EMI Harvest SHVL 804|
|Record Grading:||Very Good Plus (VG+)||Speed:||33 RPM|
Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon Matrix Press - SHVL 804 - A 2 / B 2 G 1 Complete Posters Stickers & Black Inner Sleeve VG+ Collectors Item
Free International World Wide Airmail with Tracking Number
Buy Happy Buy Now :)
Full Money Back if Your Not 100% Satisfied Simply Send it Back to Me and I will Refund Your Payment Less Postage Cost.
This is Matrix Press - SHVL 804 - A 2 / B 2 G 1
Vinyl: Very Good Plus (VG+)
Sleeve: Very Good Plus (VG+)
Their is some slight wear at opening and bottom edge of sleeve.
The vinyl itself has a couple of small marks on the a side and one on the b side, neither can be heard on playback.
This is a Very Good Ultra Rare First Press Stereo 1973 Harvest Records SHVL 804 Copy of this Master Piece Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Complete with Posters, Stickers & Original Black Inner Sleeve
Thick heavyweight vinyl believed by some to be the 'finest' and most true encapsulation of this historical recording as the first pressing was pressed direct from the original masterplate. "These 1st pressings were straight from the masters and nothing even gets close to them today. They play with a deep clear warm clarity and have to be heard to be believed!"
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London between June 1972 and January 1973.
This is the original form of the release, it has solid light blue prism LP picture labels with silver lettering, later forms have an empty prism. It has a gatefold sleeve, and there are three known variations of the original blue-tinged sleeve - see below. Originally came with 2 posters and 2 stickers.
There are 2 systems for track numbering on the release. The cover lists the titles A1 to B5 (used in this submission). The labels however number the tracks from (a) to (i) so, for example, "Breathe" is listed as "(a)(II)" on the label but "2" on the cover (see images).
The following is a guide to identifying all of the elements that make up the first pressing:
1. The label has a solid light blue prism. Subsequent pressings have a blue glowing inner edge prism with the centre black.
2. 'The Gramophone Co.' text starts at 10 o'clock on label.
3. A2/B2 matrix in deadwax of run out groove.
4. Thick heavyweight vinyl believed by some to be the 'finest' and most true encapsulation of this historical recording as the first pressing was pressed direct from the original masterplate. "These 1st pressings were straight from the masters and nothing even gets close to them today. They play with a deep clear warm clarity and have to be heard to be believed!".
5. There is a distinct bluish tint/tinge in the black ink of the cover.
6. There are three known original sleeve variations. 1. The right front opening of the gatefold cover is sealed with the two sides glued together. 2. The right front opening of the gatefold cover is sealed with a fold over flap that is glued inside the opening. 3. The right front opening of the gatefold cover is not sealed. A known 2/2 matrix, 1 mother, G stamper copy came with (3), an unglued and non-'folded in' sleeve at time of release, which hints at the possibility that very first pressings did not come with glued flaps, which is where the poster and stickers were located.
7. Inner sleeve is a distinctive polythene lined die cut black semi matt paper with white printed text stating 2 patent numbers bottom left [112555/1072844] and 'MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN' bottom right.
8. Posters and stickers were printed on paper stock that has a rough texture (later pressings used paper that was gloss laminated).
9. Stickers have printed backs with diagonal lines across them, and the words 'Fasson' 'FasPrint' and 'Crack-Back'.
10. Very first copies came with a small round sticker white text on black stating 'Pink Floyd The Dark Side of the Moon'.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
This item is shipped from the United Kingdom