• Belt drive with silicone belt
• Low vibration synchronous motor
• Integrated motor control with DC power supply secures silent running
• Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
• 8,6” aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
• Ortofon OM5e cartridge, pre-mounted
• Pre-mounted gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
• Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
• Colour options: Black, Red, White
Turntable innovation for vinyl starters with class-leading sound quality!
A quiet-running synchronous motor with silicone belt is driving a
low-resonance platter made from MDF. A new motor control with DC power
supply minimzes unwanted vibration effectively. The main platter bearing
consists of stainless steelspindle and bronze bushing with Teflon
bottom to seccure low friction.
The main chassis is made from lightweight, but very stiff
particle board. Essential II utilises a straight 8,6“ aluminium tonearm
design made from a single piece of aluminium with sapphire bearings,
which offers a far better „plug & play“ solution, than it‘s
predecessor. Special feet effectively decouples the turntable from the
As Said on: "http://www.whathifi.com/review/pro-ject-essential-ii"
Pro-Ject Essential II
Best turntable up to £400, Awards 2013.
Pro-Ject chalks up another success: the Essential II is yet another
excellent budget turntable
- Strong dynamics
- Crisp rhythmic ability
- Fun sound
- Well made
- Good cartridge
- Easy to set-up and use
Pro-Ject’s track record with budget turntables is unrivalled.
Over the years we’ve had various versions of Debuts, Genies and
Essentials dominate this end of the record player market. This year it’s
the turn of the Pro-Ject Essential II to shine.
As the name implies this is a back-to-basics kind of product. There
are no headline-grabbing materials or technologies here, just great
build at a highly competitive price.