THE DVDS ADVERTISED HERE ARE
ALL REGIONS CODED
AND WILL PLAY IN ALL AUSTRALIAN DVD PLAYERS.
**THIS ITEM WILL DISPATCH WITHIN 2-14 BUSINESS DAYS**
The Beatles Anthology was initially broadcast as a TV miniseries to run alongside the series of three Anthology double-CD albums. This set of eight documentaries has the heft and scope of one of Ken Burns' expansive projects. Still, you may find yourself with more material--particularly about the Beatles' early lives as lads in Liverpool--than you'll want to watch. The documentary material is copious, including early performance films and tapes, at the point before they found their true voices. The actual Beatlemania years--beginning in 1963 and concluding in 1970--feature extensive performance films, as well as home movies and archival material. The best parts, of course, are the interviews with the Beatles themselves, who produced the entire thing. Along with reworking two previously unreleased John Lennon tracks as "new Beatles songs", the Anthology includes some unseen Lennon interview tapes so that his acerbic voice can be heard as well. This stands as a comprehensive document of that heady period, the second coming of rock & roll, as the Beatles took what Elvis had started and expanded upon it exponentially. This box set gives a solid sense of the historical context and the way these four musicians changed the world around them in the 1960s.
Contains all 8 original video programs on 4 DVDs
Bonus disc of rare and never-before-seen footage, including:
* Recollections (June 1994): Paul, George, and Ringo spend a summer's day together singing, playing and warmly remembering the early days
* Back at Abbey Road (May 1995): Paul, George, and Ringo at Abbey Road Studios with George Martin, play back the multi-tracks of some of their classic recordings and reveal the inventive techniques used during the original sessions
* Recording "Free as a Bird" & "Real Love": Paul, George, and Ringo, along with Jeff Lynne discuss the story behind these recordings - includes intimate footage of them at work in the studio
* Real Love Video: The video not screened as part of the original Anthology series, now in glorious 5.1 surround sound
* Compiling the Anthology Albums: Paul, George, Ringo, and George Martin talk about how the three Anthology double albums were compiled
* Making the "Free as a Bird" video: An intriguing insight from director Joe Pytka into how the Grammy Award winning video was created
* Production Team: The team behind the Anthology series discuss how the programmes were made
* Newly mixed in 5.1 surround sound with picture restoration Number of discs: 5
Actors: The Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Neil Aspinall
Format: Black & White, Colour,
Region: All Regions
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
Number of discs: 5
Run Time: 672 minutes
Terms of Sale
Before buying please note the following terms:-
We only send items after receipt of full payment and clearance of funds into our bank account. Please familiarise yourself with the anticipated time for your bank or Paypal to clear the means of payment.
The Delivery Time quoted by eBay on the ad is determined by eBay, not us and is the time taken for Australia Post to deliver to you once we have posted the item and not the time taken from your purchase.
Payment must be be made within 7 days.
When paying by Bank Deposit please use your ebay ID name, DVD name or ebay item number as the reference.
Shipping and Delivery
We only ship by Domestic Australia Post Service.
Please note that the shipping costs quoted include normal postage plus protection, packing, handling and transport costs, and the type of packaging and posting is determined only by the seller.
Personal Pickup or delivery by seller is not possible, so please do not ask.
The seller cannot be held responsible for the loss of the item in the post and all claims should be made by the buyer to Australia Post.