Details about serverRAID M1115 PCI-e SAS/SATA RAID Card onlyserverRAID M1115 PCI-e SAS/SATA RAID Card only See original listing
New: Never Used
03 Feb, 2014 14:40:59 AEDST
[ 2 bids ]
Killara, NSW, Australia
New: Never Used: A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, ... Read moreabout the condition
The card was coming with system and useless since we upgrade to ServerRAID M5110 card. It is never used.
The ServeRAID M1115 SAS/SATA Controlleris part of the IBM ServeRAID M Series family that offers a complete serverstorage solution consisting of RAID controllers, cache/flash modules, energypacks, and software feature upgrades in an ultra-flexible offerings structure.The M1115 offers a low-cost RAID 0/1/10 solution that can be upgraded to acacheless RAID 5 with a Features-on-Demand license upgrade.
The ServeRAID M1115 SAS/SATA Controlleris an entry-level internal data storage solution that provides hardware RAIDcapabilities and advanced features, such as online capacity expansion andRAID-level migration. The optional RAID 5 upgrade and support forself-encrypting drives no longer require a hardware key, because the upgradefunctionality is implemented through Features-on-Demand (FoD) softwarelicenses. With increased demand for performance and advanced features, theM1115 provides a seamless migration path to the full-featured RAID controllers,such as the ServeRAID M5110. The information about existing arrays can berecognized and imported into the new controller without requiring anyreconfiguration.
· Auto-resumeon array rebuild or array reconstruction after loss of system power
Auto-resume usesnon-volatile RAM (NVRAM) to save rebuild progress during a host reboot or powerfailure to automatically resume from the last checkpoint. Auto-resume ensuresthat data integrity is maintained through the process. The card supports anumber of features that are able to be implemented without rebooting theserver. Applications, such as email and web server, benefit from avoidingdowntime during transition.
· OnlineCapacity Expansion
Online Capacity Expansion(OCE) allows the capacity of a virtual disk to be expanded by adding newphysical disks or making use of unused space on existing disks, withoutrequiring a reboot.
· OnlineRAID Level Migration
Online RAID Level Migration(also known as logical drive migration) provides the ability to migrate avirtual disk from any RAID level to any other RAID level without requiring areboot. System availability and application functionality remain unaffected.
· Fastinitialization for quick array setup
Fast initialization quicklywrites zeroes to the first and last sectors of the virtual drive. This featureallows you to immediately start writing data to the virtual drive while theinitialization is running in the background.
· Consistencycheck for background data integrity
Consistency check verifiesthat all stripes in a virtual disk with a redundant RAID level are consistent.The consistency check will mirror data when an inconsistent stripe is detectedfor a RAID 1 and will recreate the parity from the peer disks in the case of aRAID 5. Consistency checks can be scheduled to take place periodically.
· Extensiveonline configuration options and advanced monitoring and event notification
Management tools provideconvenience for the configuration of logical volumes and alerting when errorshave occurred or are about to occur.
· Patrolread for media scanning and repairing
Patrol read is a backgroundsentry service designed to proactively discover and correct media defects (badsectors) that arise normally as a disk drive ages. The service issues a seriesof verify commands, and if a bad block is discovered, the card's firmware usesRAID algorithms to recreate the missing data and remap the sector to a goodsector. The task is interruptible based on controller activity and hostoperations. The firmware also provides an interface where the patrol read taskcan be initiated, set up for continuous operation, and terminated from amanagement application. Patrol read can be activated by manual command orautomatically.
· Globaland dedicated Hot Spare with Revertible Hot Spare support
A hot spare rebuilds datafrom all virtual disks within the disk group in which it is configured.ServeRAID provides the ability to define a physical disk as a hot spare toreplace a failed drive. Hot spares can be configured as either global ordedicated. A global hot spare allows any physical drive to be designated as ahot spare. A dedicated hot spare allows the user to assign a hot spare drive toa particular array of the same drive type.
· Singlecontroller multipathing (failover) I/O load balancing
The ServeRAID's firmwaredetects and uses multiple paths from the controllers to the SAS drives that arein enclosures. With redundant paths to the same port of a device, if one pathfails, another path can be used to communicate between the controller and thedrive. Using multiple paths with load balancing, instead of a single path, canincrease reliability through redundancy.
· WebBIOSand Human Interface Infrastructure (HII) configuration utilities for pre-bootarray configuration and management
WebBIOS and HII areutilities that allow you to configure drive groups and logical drives beforeinstalling or booting the operating system.
· MegaRAIDStorage Manager management software
MegaRAID Storage Manager isan easy-to-use advanced RAID management application that is used across theentire family of ServeRAID M controllers. It allows you to configure, monitor,and maintain drive groups, virtual drives, and advanced features with anintuitive GUI, reducing administrative efforts and simplifying troubleshooting.
· RAID 5,50 support with Zero Cache/RAID 5 Upgrade (81Y4542)
· MegaRAIDSafeStore support for self-encrypting drive (SED) services
MegaRAID SafeStoreencryption services offer instant secure erase and local key management forself-encrypting drives. Instant secure erase permanently removes data whenrepurposing or decommissioning SEDs. SafeStore local key management providesthe necessary management and protection of SEDs using a simple pass phrase,security key identifier, and security key file that can be set and applied toall SEDs assigned to a ServeRAID adapter. This feature removes the complexityof managing each SEDs unique encryption key, and essentially, it relieves theadministrator of most of the daily tasks of securing data. The SafeStorefeature is a part of a RAID 5 upgrade (81Y4542).
· PCI LowProfile, Half-length - MD2 form factor
· Eightinternal 6 Gbps SAS/SATA ports
· Twointernal Mini-SAS connectors (SFF-8087)
· 6 Gbpsthroughput per port
· 533 MHzIBM PowerPC processor with LSI SAS2008 6 Gbps RAID on Chip (ROC) controller
· PCIExpress 2.0 x8 host interface
· Supportfor RAID levels 0, 1, and 10 standard; support for RAID 5, 50 with optionalupgrade
· ZeroController Cache, no battery/flash backup
· Supportfor SAS and SATA hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs)
· Supportfor simple swap and hot swap drives
· Supportfor intermixing SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. Mixing different types of drives inthe same array (drive group) not recommended
· Connectionto up to 32 internal drives, depending on the server model (Up to 16 physicaldrives, including hot spares, can be used in RAID configurations. The drivesbeyond the limit of 16 are used as stand-alone HDDs in a non-RAID environment.)
· Optionalsupport for self-encrypting drives (SEDs) with MegaRAID SafeStore
· Supportfor up to 16 virtual drives, up to 16 drive groups, up to 16 virtual drives perone drive group, and up to 16 physical drives per one drive group
· Supportfor virtual drive sizes up to 64 TB
· Configurablestripe size up to 64 KB
· Compliantwith Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (COD)
Supported operating systems
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008 R2
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Datacenter x64 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Datacenter x86 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Enterprise x64 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Enterprise x86 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Standard x64 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Standard x86 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Web x64 Edition
· MicrosoftWindows Server 2008, Web x86 Edition
· Red HatEnterprise Linux 5 Server with Xen x64 Edition
· Red HatEnterprise Linux 5 Server x64 Edition
· Red HatEnterprise Linux 6 Server x64 Edition
· SUSELinux Enterprise Server 10 for AMD64/EM64T
· SUSELinux Enterprise Server 11 for AMD64/EM64T
· SUSELinux Enterprise Server 11 for x86
· SUSELinux Enterprise Server 11 with Xen for AMD64/EM64T
· VMwarevSphere 5
See the IBM ServerProven website for the latest information aboutthe specific versions and service levels supported and any other prerequisites: