About this product
- DescriptionFrom making fire to building the gadgets of the 21st century, uncover the stories behind the remarkable ideas and devices that have shaped our world in 1,000 Inventions and Discoveries. This revised and updated edition brings this comprehensive review of humanity's greatest ideas up to date. Invations in science, space, techlogy, transportation, medicine, mathematics, and language are covered, along with a timeline of history highlighting all inventions and discoveries from the airbag to DNA, lie detectors to hormones, and money to the signs of the zodiac. Feature boxes delve into the details of the lives of Isaac Newton, Marie Curie, Albert Einstein and more, while amazing images and archive materials bring their achievements to life. Covering over 3 million years of ideas, 1,000 Inventions and Discoveries will amaze and inspire a love of history in kids. Supports the Common Core State Standards.
- Author(s)DK,DK Publishing,Roger Francis Bridgman
- PublisherDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.