All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.51
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $42.66
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.43
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $50.02
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- DescriptionAs times change so do the things we use and what we call them. W.R. Runyan has compiled a fascinating collection of words and phrases that, once common everywhere in America, are little kwn today. This book is a celebration of our linguistic past that will be a treat from word lovers everywhere. Do you kw any of these: Snaffle, Steelie, Gully Washer, Cabriolet, Calk, Hardpan, Carbuncle, Pie Bird, Fid, or Hame? Did you kw that a Horse Apple is actually an orange? Or that Rolley Holley is a marble game? With over one hundred illustrations, this is a book that will take you on a walk back in time and give you a chance to hear from generations past--in their own voice, with their own words.
- Author(s)W R Runyan
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.