All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a Grand Prix formula that British constructor wanted but which became one that they would almost totally dominate. It has remained largely overlooked due to the perception that the cars were underpowered and hence unspectacular. Such a perception igres the significant technical developments that took place that are w taken for granted, such as mocoque chassis construction. It saw the career of Stirling Moss come to a premature end, but in his absence the rise to prominence of a new breed of British drivers in Jim Clark, Graham Hill and John Surtees. Over 200 photos and contemporary technical material outline the engineering achievements as well as the exploits of the constructors. With a foreword by Raymond Baxter.
- Author BiographyMark Whitelock s enthusiasm for motor sport was first sparked when his father took him to Goodwood on Easter Monday 1957. His knowledge of the sport grew over the 1960s giving him a special affinity with the 1Ω-litre Formula 1. By the early 1990s he had become disillusioned by contemporary Grand Prix racing and turned his attention to historic racing in which he already had an interest, having been a keen supporter of the revival of motor sport at Goodwood. He retired from a career in banking in 1999 to his East Sussex home and began writing for pleasure.
- Author(s)Mark Whitelock
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2006
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1914 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.