All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we spend 30 days in 1 Thessalonians with Alec Motyer, we hear the timeless encouragement to 'keep on keeping on', surely a message as relevant today as when it was first written. Paul visited Thessalonica on his second mission trip, along with his companions Silas and Timothy. Unfortunately, his time there was cut short after only four or five weeks when Paul was hounded out of the city. But amazingly, by this time, a fledgling church had already formed! Paul writes to the new believers in order to fill in details and explain misunderstandings about the second coming, to urge the Christians to live well in community, and to give further instructions about godly living, all the while encouraging them to press on in holiness in spite of opposition.
- Author BiographyAlec Motyer was Vice Principal of Clifton Theological College and vicar of St Luke's, Hampstead, before becoming Principal of Trinity College, Bristol, UK. He is much loved on both sides of the Atlantic as a Bible expositor and a prolific author. He is the Old Testament editor of the IVP commentary series, The Bible Speaks Today.
- Author(s)Alec Motyer
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.