All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>10,000 Steps a Day in L.A.</i> is for urban adventurers with a passion for healthy living who are also eager to explore Los Angelesfrom its most legendary locations to its more hidden, unsung, and quirky sites. In this first-ever book to explore the 10,000-steps lifestyle in Los Angeles, author Paul Haddad takes readers on a journey through the city s streets, beaches, mountains, rivers, reservoirs, and parks. He includes 10,000-step walks from throughout the Southland, from Simi Valley to the South Bay, and Pasadena to Pacific Palisades. Tread the grounds of a defunct Disney attraction called Dwarfland. Trace the extinct canals of Venice Beach. Stroll the shortest Main Street in America. Discover hidden streams, secret murals, lost cities, Hollywood haunts, houses made of stone, and parks that time forgot! <i>10,000 Steps a Day in L.A.</i> features: 52 walks containing 10,000 steps Detailed maps and directions Descriptions of the terrain, walking surface, and dog-friendliness of each walk Parking suggestions Sidebars with colorful trivia and anecdotes Most importantly, 10,000 Steps a Day in L.A. offers a sense of fun and discovery about Los Angeles that makes the goal of 10,000 steps easy to attain. Readers need only bring their feetpedometers are optional!
- Author Biography<b>Paul Haddad</b> is the author of <i>High Fives, Pennant Drives, and Fernandomania: A Fan s History of the Los Angeles Dodgers Glory Years 19771981</i>. It was chosen as one of the top baseball books of 2012 by the <i>Los Angeles Daily News</i> and earned praise from the <i>L.A. Times</i>, Fox News, NBC News, Yahoo!, ESPN Radio, and CBS Radio. Born in Hollywood, Haddad has contributed essays about Los Angeles to the <i>L.A. Times</i> and the <i>Huffington Post</i>. When he is not writing books, he works as a television writer and executive producer.
- Author(s)Paul Haddad
- PublisherSanta Monica Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSanta Monica Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.