All listings for this product
About this product
- Description10 Little Insects is a hilarious riff on that celebrated whodunnit, Agatha Christie's 10 Little Indians. In this invative graphic vel for younger readers, ten very different insects, each with something to hide, are brought together to a mysterious house on a secluded island for the weekend. Then, one by one, they start dying in very unusual circumstances. But all is t as it seems, as Cali and Pianina delightfully subvert the whodunnit genre with a story that is at once brilliant, baffling, laugh out loud funny and somewhat surreal.
- Author BiographyDavide Cali is one of Europe's most innovative and acclaimed writers of illustrated books for both children and adults. He is the author of over 40 illustrated books. His children's picture book Piano Piano was named an Outstanding International Book by the US Board on Books for Young People (USBBY) and 10 Little Insects was selected by a panel as one of the best graphic novels of the year at the prestigious Angouleme International Comics Festival in France. Vincent Pianina is an acclaimed French illustrator, living in Lyon, France. As well as his collaborations with Davide Cali, in 2010 his work was selected for Rue d'Artico, a prestigious anthology showcasing the work of Europe's top young illustrators. 10 Little Insects was selected by a panel as one of the best graphic novels of the year at the prestigious Angouleme International Comics Festival in France.
- Author(s)Davide Cali,Silvio Freytes
- PublisherWilkins Farago
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWilkins Farago
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width210 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Vincent Pianina,Flavio Morais
- Edition Statement1st Illustrated edition
- Reading AgeFrom 5
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.