All listings for this product
About this product
- Description10 Minutes for Talking Home Program Guidebook: How Families Can Use Daily Activities to Maximize the Communication of Children with Autism and Other Communication Delays in JUST 10 Minutes a Day!, can be used by parents and caregivers (or by an SLP to help caregivers) to USE DAILY ACTIVITIES to: Increase a child's communication in real life situations Decrease the occurrence of communication breakdowns in real life situations. Families of children with disabilities often have extremely busy schedules. It takes at least 10 minutes to do almost anything with a child: Wake Up & Get Dressed Brush Hair & Teeth Prepare a Meal Eat a Meal Take a Bath Play Alone with Toys Play with Other Kids Play with an Adult Caregiver Go Somewhere in the Car Be at School Go to the Store Get Ready for Bed 10 Minutes for Talking gives families practical ideas that maximize the communication that happens in the everyday activities above so that families can help their child advance real-life communication skills WITHOUT ADDING ather activity to their daily schedule. Additional info about using sings to facilitate words, how to use books to promote language, how much is too much screen time and much, much more is provided. Let 10 Minutes for Talking show you how to make daily activities a natural goldmine for communication growth!
- Author BiographyAmy M. Maschue is a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP) in Phoenix, Arizona. She specializes in helping children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other communication difficulties become effective communicators by engaging them in real dialogues that provide them a language-rich environment to notice and practice conversational language skills. As a mom of six, Amy identified with the demands of a busy schedule that many of her clients and their families experienced. Her experience as a mom and a SLP naturally led to helping the families she worked with take maximum advantage of the opportunities that occurred throughout their day to promote their child's conversational language.
- Author(s)Amy M Maschue
- Date of Publication11/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.