All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSolid advice on the best resorts, hotels, and inns on more than 20 Caribbean islands, plus the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos For almost fifteen years, 100 Best Resorts of the Caribbean has been the bible of Caribbean travel guidebooks, offering reliable, first-hand advice for all budgets and tastes. With this completely revised and updated ninth edition, finding your place in the sun has never been easier or more fun!Get a real feel for the experience of each carefully selected resort, whether your idea of a Caribbean getaway is an ultra-posh resort and spa on Anguilla, a casual hotel with superior scuba diving on Bonaire, a mega-hotel and casi on Grand Cayman Island, or a family-friendly inn on an out-of-the-way island in the Bahamas. Look inside for detailed descriptions of accommodations and amenities; full contact info, including websites; payment, reservation, and minimum stay requirements; and airport transfer options, including distances from airports and major cities.
- Author BiographyKay Showker is a veteran writer, photographer and lecturer on travel. Her assignments have taken her to more than one hundred countries in the Caribbean and around the world. She has authored several guidebooks including, Caribbean Ports of Call: Western Region; Caribbean Ports of Call: Eastern and Southern Regions (winner of the Best Guidebook Award by the Caribbean Tourism Organization); and the Unofficial Guide to Cruises (named Best Travel Guidebook of the Year in 1996). She served as a senior editor at Travel Weekly and has written for such leading travel publications as National Geographic Traveler, Travel and Leisure, and Caribbean Travel among others. She was a member of America Online's creative team for Cruise Critic, for which she wrote the Ports of Call segment. A native of Kingsport, Tennessee, Ms. Showker received a master's degree in international affairs from the School of Advanced International Studies of Johns Hopkins University in Washington, D.C., and a B.A. from Mary Washington University; she also studied at the American University at Cairo, Cairo University and Georgetown University. She is the recipient of numerous awards for her travel writing and was the first travel writer to receive the Sucrier d'Or -- a professional achievement award given by the government of Martinique. She has served as a consultant to government and private organizations on travel and tourism. Ms. Showker lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Kay Showker
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series Title100 Best Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight48 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $14.89Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.