All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully illustrated and user-friendly reference book that tells where and when to find edible mushrooms - with delicious recipes for each. With a dash of humor and a dollop of science, Michael Kuo takes the mystery out of mushroom hunting and cooking. Like his earlier and very popular book Morels, 100 Edible Mushrooms is written in the author's inimitable, engaging, and appealingly humorous style, taking the reader on the hunt through forest and kitchen in search of culinary delights and mycological pleasures. Kuo describes in detail how to identify each species, where and when to find them, and how to cook them in creative and delicious recipes. The mushrooms presented in the book are the most-often eaten varieties, including a description of the button mushrooms found in the grocery store. All of the mushrooms have at least one full-color illustration and some several more to aid in identification and distinction of look-alike and nedible species. It is an indispensable book for mushroom hunters, cooks, and naturalists.
- Author BiographyMichael Kuo, an English teacher in Illinois, is the developer of mushroomexpert.com, a popular online resource for mushroom identification and morel hunting.
- Author(s)Michael Kuo
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note296 photographs
- Weight1016 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.